Chapter 4: Tea Party

♤♡◇♧
'THE START OF A TEA PARTY'

[Author's POV: 1 hour before dinner]

"What!?"

"Huh!?"

Athena and Alexis exclaimed then look at their father with wide eyes while Hazel stand beside Athena with a surprised look.

Just a few minutes ago, Xaiden came to his daughter's guest room un-announced to deliver the news he had. Athena was having her hair done by her maid while Alex is already finish when they both heard what their father just reported to them.

Hazel hesitantly ask. "If you let me ask, Mr Nightshade, why is the dinner cancelled?"

Yes. The dinner tonight was cancelled. Alongside with the monthly evaluation. Both of them were postponed to another date that is still unknown.

'Cancelled..? Why? Is it because of Dion's arrival? Or is it because of the rainy weather? No that stupid. But why is the dinner cancelled? Alongside with the monthly evaluation too. Thats weird.' Athena ponders alone on the topic as her silver eyes look to almost every corner of the room.

'Something is going on.. something is going on behind the scene..' Athena feels uneasy. As if something is watching her. Or rather.. someone is watching her.

She look towards the window. Nothing.. nothing but a- wait a minute! Is that a-
'A butterfly?'

"But why is it cancelled?" Athena changed her focus to Alex and Xaiden. "I myself is not very sure.. but Lant said that its because one of his children went on a mission, maybe it is because of that."

'A surprised.. that Lant just so happened to give one of his child a mission..' A faint smirk appears on Athena's face. She get up from the her seat then make her way towards the window.

No one notice Athena that is standing infront of the window as they are busy talking about why Lant Agriche cancelled the dinner.

She raises her hand and lightly touches the window with rain drops on the other side.

Athena's eyes glows purple as she look at the red butterfly.

She knows from where the butterfly came from, or more specifically... she knows who is the owner of the butterfly.

The butterfly notices her figure at the window and fly away to return to it's owner as Athena just stand there behind the window looking to where the butterfly just disappeared to.

Her lips curled into a small smile. "Goodbye..."

Athena draws the curtains close and went back into the conversation her family is having with her small smile still there.

As soon as their father left, Alexis turn to Athena with a raised eyebrow.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked.

"You will soon know why, dearest brother."

Athena glances at her brother then the closed door before turning away.

The butterfly fly amongst the drops of rain and soon after, arrived at it's owner room that has the window open. The figure in the room look away from the letter in hand and to the butterfly that are flying towards her.

She smiles at the butterfly, holding her hand out to it when her smile drops and her eyes widens.

The butterfly starts to have small parts of it falling and turns into ashes as it slowly erase it's own existence and the secrets that held what she need.