Chapter 2: Bow and System

♤♡◇♧
'THE BOW AND THE SYSTEM'

A female figure wearing a beautiful dress could be seen walking down the halls with another female figure trailing behind.

The first girl has a long ash purple hair as it flow through the air with every steps she take. A pair of silver eyes looking straight ahead seem to shine brightly due to the sunlight landing on it.

The second girl, who seems to be in her mid 20s with black hair tied into a bun and honey-brown eyes looking at the floor. Careful not to crash into anything or anyone. She is wearing a maid dress that slightly different than other maids, clearly stated she is the Head Maid.

It's no need to take guesses who they are for, the two is the first people that are introduced in the first chapter. Because they are;

Athena Nightshade and Hazel Brooklyn.

The two figures walk to their destination which is outside the estate they're in. Feeling bored. Athena ask her maid. "How many hours it takes for us to reach there?"

Hazel think about the question for few seconds. "If I remember correctly. It will take 5 hours to reach the Black Agriche House." Athena nods.

'That's a plenty of time.' Athena thought to herself.

They exist the estate and was greet by the sight of two carriages, Athena's family members and surprisingly Hazel's daughter.

"Mother." "Mrs Nightshade." They both greet Vanessa who seems to be in a more better state than 2 days ago.

Athena look around and facepalm internally at her lack of time. "It appears we are the last to arrived. Hope all of you didn't wait too long for us." Xaiden just shake his head at her words.

"It's alright. And Hazel." The black hair girl raised her head at the mention of her name. "Your daughter wants to see you."

Hazel look at her daughter who she didn't realise is already beside her tugging the dress. She look back to Xaiden and nod silently with a smile which seems to be bigger after seeing her daughter. "Excused me, Mr Nightshade." "You are excused."

She back away, bringing her daughter and crouched down infront of her.

"What are you doing here, Evie?" The small girl grins. "I want to see you before you get off, mama." Hazel's smile only increase. She brush away the strands that falls down from the girl's ponytail. "That is very sweet of you, Evie."

Xaiden who is looking at the two pair, look at his first son who is also looking at the pair but his eyes only focused on one of them. "You like her don't you?" Seeing his son still doesn't  hear him, he only sighs.

"H-huh?" Evander finally come down to earth after his father clicked two of his fingers infront of his eyes. "W-what is it, father?"

Xaiden rolled his eyes. "You like her don't you? Hazel Brooklyn?" Seeing his son confuse at his father's words, Xaiden said the girl's name. To which Evander immediately look away with a slight pink blush. "Oh.. you know?"

'... I bet even a blind person could see that he is into her.' Xaiden's eyes twitched at his son's obliviousness.

"Take care of yourselves when the two of you are there okay?" Vanessa caressed both of her children's face. "I will, mother." "I doubt that I could do that 'cause I have a feeling that Enna gonna put poison in the food."

Athena look at her brother with a blank face. "Thanks for the idea because I'm gonna do that." "Shit. Shouldn't have said that." Alex glanced at Athena with fake worries in his eyes.