Chapter 42

My head repeatedly shook, "No, Jaxon. I just answered some questions, keep your money. It wouldn't be useful to me like it would be for you."

Jaxon waves me off, "Elena, you're marrying a billionaire. Money isn't going to be a hard thing to come by or keep." Well that's because he's so smart and wise with it. This isn't my money to spend. "You earned it and that's all to it."

I shake my head, "Jaxon, I'm not marrying you to get money from you. Can you just listen to me and not give me it?" I couldn't handle that thirty percent even if it was twenty bucks. "We can just celebrate the good news and forget everything that's happened."

Jaxon arched his eyebrows and sighs with defeat. I've grown up wanting money, yes, but I can't take it now that it's at my fingertips. I want Jaxon to see that I'm not a money-hungry girl. He prompts his upper body up on his elbows and looks at me. "Well it'll be in the bank until you want it."

I looked at my stomach, "We could put it towards our kid's future." My eyebrows bounced simultaneously, which made him smirk.

"I'm glad you're making the best out of this." Jaxon says, putting hair behind my ear. Jaxon can never keep his hands or mouth off of me. It used to get annoying, but it's normal now. "Well are you hungry? Let's get breakfast. We have a meeting today."

I remove myself from his way, watching him get up. My eyebrows knit into a single brow with confusion and concern. "What do you mean we?" I turned onto my back and watched him head into his closet.

He grabs a black woven sweater with hints of white yarn laced throughout the designs and a pair of black slacks. Well it's not a business meeting, but some meeting if he's still wearing black suede shoes with missing creases near the toe. Shortly he escapes to my closet and picks out a random outfit that matches remarkably. I'm designated to wearing a eggshell, thick-laced long sleeves and a pair of personal black slacks with a straight vertical crease ironed. He grabs a pair of white platform heels that looked to be about four inches of death.

"We don't have that much time." He announces, laying out my outfit beside his. "Get up," he demands, waving towards his body. I do what I'm ordered to and let him take my nightshirt off. "I ordered a wedding planner to meet us here at noon. It's already eleven and we haven't even had breakfast yet." He pulls my shirt over my head and removes my hair.

Jaxon just recently tries to dress me into his image of wife-material. I don't stop him because it's funny to think of myself as a doll for him to play with. He's gentle and his hands aren't foreign to me. "We have eleven months," I state in a matter-of-fact tone, confused on what the rush was.

"I know, but think about it." He prompts, lying me flat on my back. "In nine months, you'll be holding a child. Do you really want to waddle down an aisle way nine months pregnant?"

He's got a point. I won't make it if I'm wearing heels either, but nine months pregnant and bloated...that's crazy. "You're right, I guess." He removes my pajama bottoms and puts on my slacks that hugged my bottom. "I guess you know my size like the back of your hand, huh stalker?"

He rolls his eyes as the doorbell rings downstairs. Jaxon's eyes squint, "Who's that?"

I shrugged, "That's not the wedding planner?"

"She's not scheduled until noon, remember?" He lets me fasten my own buttons, going to his window. The pulled curtain exposes us to radiating sunlight that looked so pretty against Jaxon's profile. "It's Brenda. How did she know where I lived?"

I shrugged, "Brenda has a crush on you that's existed way before we met. She knows a lot about you that worries me." I pull my hair into a messy bun and watched him walk over to me. "I'll get rid of her."

"Don't be rude," he reprimands, "Let her in and invite her to breakfast or something. She came all the way from campus to see you."

I nodded, "So nice and proper Jaxon Jox is." I turned to go to the door and felt his hand swirl around my stomach.
Quick like lightning, his lips pressed against mine, confirming the idea of him never having any control over his internal emotions towards me. "I love you."

I croak right before the interrupting doorbell rings, "I got to get that. But I love you too. Get dressed, I'll see you downstairs." I walked to the bedroom entrance and rushed to the front door, the short way.

For the third time, Brenda rings the door and I yank open it. She smirked, not aware of how annoying she was. "I was starting to think you wasn't going to answer. Can I come in?"

I looked behind her and saw the taxi leave, peeling away from the curb and giving me no choice. "Sure, I guess." I moved back and let Brenda come inside, eyeing the foreign palace.

Her eyes lit up with admiration for Jaxon's taste in home decorations. His brown-oriented home shed inviting and warm fall invitations that made it impossible to want to leave. I can't say the same for anyone else, but that's me in my opinion. "This is his house?" She goes from the foyer to the kitchen area, ignoring the stairs that led straight into his bedroom's hallway. "No wonder you don't come back to the dorm."

Jaxon emerges out from the loft stairs and meets us downstairs like I asked. "Hello, Brenda. What a surprise to see you here." He willingly hugs Brenda as if they've been friends long enough.

Brenda sighs in love with Jaxon's body structure against hers, "It's a pleasure seeing you again." She giggles, flabbergasted at the house and his sanctuary opened to her. "Your house is more beautiful than I imagined. The brown decor is professional, yet...wild." She examines, using her small artistic trait from her mother.

"Thank you," Jaxon accepts, looking at the home he grew to tolerate. Why well furnish your home if you don't want to be here? With him, it has to mean image. "I hope you don't mind me asking, but what brought you here?"

Brenda waves it off, "I'm sorry for not calling, but I just wanted to figure out what my friend was doing. It's been a week."