17: Out Of The Blue

What was that last night? Not only did Shu take a bath with me, but he also allowed me to undress him half. He only bit me after it and gave me a hickey. What's up with that? Miyu keeps her eyes closed in the car. 

'Miyu?' Yui looks at her. 'Don't fall asleep. We'll be at school in about ten minutes.' 

I'm not asleep. I'm thinking. Ayato talked about claiming the other time. Did Shu claim me or something? Maybe I need to ask him that. And even if he did, will it mean that I'm all his? Or that we're a couple and that he expects me to... share the bed someday? Miyu opens her eyes. 'Ayato, you mentioned it sooner but what does claiming mean in your world? Or at least among vampires? And how do I know?' 

'You are already claimed, Miyu,' reacts Laito with his eyes on the hickey in her neck. 

'It is what the word implies. Usually, the first to bite can claim the woman,' explains Reiji. 'However, it means you have a mark of some kind somewhere on your body.' 

Miyu's hand goes to her neck. The hickey! So Shu did claim me, but why didn't he say anything? That's the reason it won't fade away. Or if it does, he gives a new one. Yes, I like the feeling but I wasn't thinking it through. 

'He should have told you but didn't because you have a lot on your mind.' Reiji reads her mind. 'Tell her what she needs to know. It's not my job.' 

Miyu hums briefly. 'Would my blood change if I do share the bed?' 

A soft thud is audible because Reiji dropped his book while staring at her. Who knows? 

Shu's eyes fly wide open. We're not there yet. Still, his mind wanders off. 

'I'm sorry I almost dropped you, Teddy.' Kanato holds him firm again. 

Laito tackles her on the couch with him on top of her. 'Shu isn't interested in that. I could be your first.' 

'Sorry if I was thinking out loud. But do you think it will change?' Miyu tries to move him. 

Interested, yes, but will I do it? No, she's not ready, and she won't be for a while. Shu is faster to move Laito away and pulls Miyu against him. 

Yui had no idea. But that means that Ayato claimed me? Or doesn't he? 

Subaru moves closer to Reiji to avoid the others. As long as I can still drink from her, I don't care. 

'Well? Do you know the answer? Or is everyone here a virgin? I know I am.' Miyu knows she can't back out of it now. 

'There might be a difference,' reacts Laito. He looks for any sign of blushing on her face. However, it's not there. 'You don't mind talking about it, do you?' 

Shu puts his arm around her to make a point. 

Miyu smirks. 'I'd take it that you're no virgin. Not with a reaction like that.' Wait, he can get mad if we don't lower the volume. He could easily teleport back home. 'We can talk at school during the break or back at home.' I do have enough on my mind. That's no lie. 

*** 

Miyu reaches the classroom when she receives a message. If you have nothing important. Meet me in the record room. It's soundproof, and we can talk without the others hearing anything. She knows it's a message from Shu and replies back. Since when do you have a phone? 

'Who would be texting you?' Kanato is alarmed. Did she make friends here! 

Yui is surprised that she gave someone her number. 'Daiki or from someone else?' She keeps her voice down. 

Ayato moves and takes the phone. 'It better not be from that boy... From Shu, I didn't know he had a phone?' 

'Of course,' thinks Kanato out loud. 'He is in contact with that guy.' 

Makes sense. Ayato gives the phone back. 

'I'm not interested in making friends here,' reacts Miyu. Why on earth would I jeopardize anyone else here to become your prey? 

Yui avoids her eyes. You're still in contact with my father? 

*** 

When the class ends for the break, Miyu leaves to go to Shu in the record room. She sees him sleeping on the floor and closes the door first. 'For me all classes are important. That you skip all of it, doesn't mean I should, too.' 

Shu opens one eye. I knew that. He did read her reply. 

'Alright, you want to continue listening to music. So what's so important for me to know.' She starts. 'Why didn't you tell me what you wanted before giving me this hickey?' Which he did after being the second to bite me.  

'Does it matter? I claimed you.' Shu knows he's forced to talk to her. 

'It matters to me. Why did you do it without telling me what it means?' Miyu continues and sits down close to him. 

Shu glances at her. 'You did say that your neck is a weakness.' 

'I know I did, but does this mean that we're a couple? We did kiss a few times.' She wants that out of the way first. Nor has she forgotten how they both took a bath last night. 

He shook his head. 'Not officially.' 

'That's no answer. Can't you just give a normal and full answer for once?' Miyu takes her bottle out of her bag. 

'I knew that you were quite a maintenance girl.' He drifts away. Explaining things is a pain. 

'So this means, I'm yours? What happens if the hickey disappears?' Miyu takes one earbud out of his ear. Only to be put on her back. 

'Why go so far?' He takes it back. 'It won't disappear.' 

'Will the others still bite me?' She won't let him off the hook so fast. 'And if it's not official yet, then when will it be official? You should've told me all of this before you wanted to mark me. I'm hardly relationship material.' 

'Neither am I. Now shut up, you disturbed my music enough for one night.' Instead, let me bite you. The scent is driving him crazy. It's both sweet and burns every time. He brings his head closer to her neck. 'Now, be a good girl, and you can go back to class soon.' 

Miyu feels his fangs as they pierce her skin. 'Shu...' She puts her arms around him. 

He licks her neck and lifts his head to look at her. 'Aren't you a lewd girl?' He feels her hand in the back of his neck. Giving in to temptation, he kisses her and smiles when her hand plays with his hair. At the same time, he lets his hand slide over her leg up to her thigh and under her skirt. At this rate, you'll be mine soon. 

She realizes one hand found its way under his shirt and onto his belly. Even his hand on her thigh and under her skirt messes with her head. Until she hears a tune, and she remembers why she set the alarm. We're still at school. Anyone can walk in and see us like this. Neither will I lose my virginity like this. 'Shu, I need to go back.' 

Shu stops but not without making sure the hickey won't go away. 'You should. I might not be able to stop myself.' He sees her grabbing her bag and heading towards the door. 'I will ask you when I'm ready. And with my hickey in your neck, the others won't do anything crazy.' 

Miyu won't turn her head. Geez, would something happen if I would skip class and stay with him? No, don't be crazy. If he does something that I don't want, he needs to stop or I will make him stop. Wait! He gives me a hickey, but how about I give him one! No! I'm not relationship material. Why act like a girlfriend? How do you be a girlfriend to a guy? 

❦❦