part 3, that warm feeling.

(warning, none!!)

(reader pov)

"there they are!" vander exclaimed with a bright smile and a crushing hug.

"vander... i cant .. breathe." i coughed out.

vander let go, his smile still present and he ruffles my hair before sitting back down with powder.

"y/n!! there you are!" powder said cheerfully, "come color with us!"

i smiled, looking back at vi who was leaning against the doorframe. she waved me on and i skipped over and slid onto the cushion next to powder. she passed me some crayons and a coloring book and i gladly accepted them and began coloring.

it was a warm feeling. as an only child i never got to experience having fun with children my own age let alone own any items that made me experience a normal childhood. i never had toys, coloring books or anything like that. not even a stuffed animal so i was more than happy to color. i glance up from my page and look at vander who was boasting about his absolutely amazing giraffe coloring page, vi was giggling and telling him it looked like a five year old colored it. vander was quite upset by this statement and huffed before hanging it up next to the other various pictures that have been colored and hung up on the wall. it does in fact look like a five year old colored it but i didnt have the heart to tell him that so i told him it looked amazing.

powder happily added finishing touches to her coloring page before exclaiming , "look at mine!! look y/n!!" i looked up at her drawing. it was so amazing! the drawing was of all of us.

powder , vi , me , vander , claggor and mylo. mylos little character had little devil horns and a tail. powder and i laughed for 10 minutes about this before vander told us to hang it up.

powder grabbed my hand and we went to the fire place.

"here y/n , hang it up for me. ill boost you up"

she helped me onto her shoulder and i reached up and hung the picture, making it the highest drawing on the wall. powder helped me down and we stood beside eachother, admiring powders work proudly.

vander spoke loudly, "good job powder, the drawing looks great!!" he paused and turned to me. "good job y/n!"

we both thanked him and turned to clean up the coloring supplies. once we finished cleaning up powder turned to me to speak, 

"hey y/n?" she said, 

"hmmm?" i hummed in response.

"we should do vanders hair!!"

my eyes lit up and i turned to vander. his face scrunched up and he waved us off. it took a good 5 minutes of convincing before he sat down and let us do his hair. we had two hair ties, one blue and one pink and we had some cute little barrettes and a hair brush. powder passed me the hair brush and i quickly got started brushing his hair. vander didnt have much hair so it didnt take long. powder and i giggled as she took the first hair tie and pulled half of his hair into a high pigtail. she tightened it and added a little heart barrette to compliment the pink hair tie. she handed me the blue hair tie and i started pulling his hair up and wrapping the tie around it when it suddenly snapped. 

"ouch y/n!!" vander exclaimed.

"whoops!! sorry!" i said giggling. i frowned, we only had two hair ties and one was broken. leaving vanders hair half up and half down.

"powder, do you have any more hair ties??" i asked hopingly.

she shook her head sadly. vi walked over to us, grabbing her hair tie out of her 'man bun' and handed it to me. 

"thank you so much vi!!" i said before carefully putting the rest of his hair in a pigtail and clipping the barette and moving in front of him to admire our work.

his face was absolutely priceless as we both flopped his pigtails.

"you look amazing vander, they did such a good job on your hair. you look like a princess." vi said giggling.

he embraced us in a hug, "thanks kiddos..i love it!"

powder and i smiled. "you better keep it that way for the wholeeee day!!" said powder.

"i will i will, i promise.' vander said, wrapping his pinky around hers.

there was that warm feeling again. feeling loved and having people who care. i would never trade this for anything. 

is this what family feels like?