Chapter 1

From a very young age, I find it hard to blindly follow the crowd & accept their way of approach. I find no happiness to allow myself to indulge in the usual manipulating game of role creation. Fortunately for me, there was a great man who has a similar set of views on the World, and his name is Bruce Lee, my idol and the person I once desired to surpass one day in my childhood, and meet him in person.

But sadly, I was born in the wrong generation, by the time I matured enough to understand what death is, the dream of meeting a legend has become a far-fetched goal that cannot be fulfilled. 

So, I moved my consciousness towards the goal I may be able to achieve and that is to surpass or if not acquire the same fame and credits as he acquired throughout his whole life.

Bruce Lee, his fighting skills, & the duels are mostly what attracted me to the world of martial arts, I still remember the day when my father showed me the video of this man decimating his opponents with such grace and mobility, that I was left awestruck by the level of skills this man possessed.

I remember the words that I told my pops after the video ended "I want to learn Kung fu! I want to surpass him." This small thing is saved permanently in my head, and every time I reminisced about that old but precious childhood memory, I burst out laughing. At that time I have no idea about his style, the little me thought it was Kung fu because from my perspective it was flashy and cool, but once I was at an age where I could masterfully search the web I came to discover that it wasn't entirely Kung fu, instead, he had learned various martial arts such as Wing Chun, Tai chi, boxing, and street fighting, he combined them with other influences from various sources into the spirit of his martial arts philosophy, which he dubbed as "Jeet Kune Do" meaning, The way of the intercepting fist.

So, I wasn't entirely wrong, Wing Chun is one of the fighting styles of kung fu, it is a concept based on traditional southern Chinese kung fu style and a form of self-defense, that requires very quick arm movements and strong legs to defeat an opponent.

Seeing me so determined and obsessed with martial arts my pops, a decorated athlete and a veteran of the US army focused all of his precious time on me, and under his guidance, I started strength training at the early age of seven.

Pops knew I was mature enough to follow directions & my crazy obsession for learning martial arts became the fuel to drive myself to the point of passing out.

You might think my dad would pull me, a kid, from such a hellish training resume, but let me tell you he didn't, he told me to never give up and kept me motivated through his words.

During childhood, kids improve their body awareness, control, and balance through active play, and my dad utilities this stage of my life to improve myself far better than any kids of my age, and under the tutelage of a decorated army veteran who had a history in judo, Krav Maga, Sambo, and lastly Eskrima.

I became quite the force at an age of 10 years, my skills are honed enough to decimate a teenager twice my size and even a noisy group of them. I was too agile for them and cultured in martial arts, I know their weakness, I know martial arts techniques that could knock out all those Mama's sweet little fairies.

Well, I would sometimes find myself in trouble and eventually, I would get suspended for my actions, but hey who cares, my dad was proud and even encouraged me for doing a job well done.

My mom was a little salty about my daily escapade with the older boys of my school but, hey, I have very talented pops a little sweet talk is all it needs to calm my mother.

In 2001, my family moved to Mexico, where I trained in wrestling at age 11, and Xilam at a local dojo, the latter is a new Mexican martial art created between 1980 - the 1990s, Xilam means "to peel away the skin" in Maya, & is intended slowly strip away the external barriers surrounding a person in order to find and transcend themselves, but it has one downfall in my eyes and that is Xilam is a fighting style meant to perform with blades and blunt type weapons since I prefer my fist over any weapons I wasn't that much thrilled to learn it but nonetheless it was an experience of a lifetime.