|chapter 10|a new beginning|

*•:∆^°×°^∆:•*

*•:∆^°×°^∆:•*

SEVERUS MADE HIS WAY UP THE STAIRS, TO THE STOOL. He felt worried. What if he would trip and fall on his face? Would everyone laugh? Of course, they would. But it did not happen the first time, so why should it happen now. Severus made it to the stool with no smile, because the boy knew it would be far too shaky and forced, gosh, he might even start crying. Snape sat down and waited for the hat, that was soon placed on his head.

He took a glance at Lily. The girl was smiling at him shyly and encouragingly. He smiled back as best as he could. Then his eyes trailed to Potter, who sat far too close to Lily for Snape's liking. The boy was grinning at him with excitement and Severus has never wanted to punch anyone as much as Potter at this moment. Severus focused back to the hat and it spoke with a voice, that could only be heard inside Snape's head:

"Ah, Severus Snape. You are a truly cunning and determined boy, you would be quite a good Slytherin. You would be quite successful and would make many connections that might help you in the future. Yet I do not see the bit of selfishness, that every Slytherin has, in you anymore... it seems to be missing..."

"Missing?.. I admit, I used to be selfish, but I can not afford to be that right now! I need to protect my friend Lily!" - Severus spoke in his mind. He, in fact, did not lie. He will make sure Lily would be alright this time. He would not let anything get in the way!