03

Hyesoo sat awkwardly on the couch, right next to Mark who helped her get here

There were multiple pairs of eyes staring right into her soul. They all held emotionless expressions, watching Hyesoo's every move.

Her shaking hand held Mark's hand, his thumb rubbing circles on the back of her hand comfortably.

"You must be curious to why I called you all here," one of the men staring at Hyesoo said. "And why there's a random girl here."

"Well let's start off with," his gaze landed on Hyesoo, a very intimidating stare. "Hyesoo, do you know why you're here?"

The question spiralled in Hyesoo's head.
She was completely clueless as to why she was even here.

First off, she knew it wasn't a hospital like she thought when she was in the room because of when she exited there.

So now she was left in complete confusion until she got answers.

Hyesoo shook her head, no verbal response coming from her.
The man hummed, leaned in his chair eyeing the girl, cautious of the man sitting beside her sending him daggers with his eyes.

"Hm, I see. Listen Hyesoo, do you know what Mark does? Like on a daily basis when he's not with you."

Well, he's barely with me on a daily basis.

"Uhm..no, I don't know." The man chuckled lowly.

"Mark, you'd really do that to your own girlfriend? Keep secrets from her?" He shook his head, looking amused of the whole situation.

Hyesoo was growing irritated of how this guy was talking about Mark and Mark's lack of response.
What secrets was he keeping from her?

"What..what secrets?" The man sat straight, arms folded onto the table.

"Hyesoo, I'm Taeyong, Mark's boss and well the leader of this gang. Of this mafia gang."

Taeyong leaned closer, "Markie over here, is part of a mafia group. He uses guns, knives, physical combat. He's our group's ace and we wouldn't be who we are without this sweet boyfriend of yours."

"But I guess he hasn't told you all this?" The words spilled from Taeyong's mouth like they were nothing. Like they didn't do so much to Hyesoo mind.

It like he dropped the biggest bomb of Hyesoo's life.

She didn't believe him. She didn't believe that her sweet boyfriend, her bestfriend, someone who understood her better than anyone else was in the mafia.

Hyesoo shook her head in disbelief. "W-what does he mean by that? He's lying, isn't he, Markie?" She wouldn't believe it until she heard it from his lips.

Mark couldn't even make eye contact with her and just gripped her head before nodding painfully.

"Oh.."