13| The J's

Happy Reading!!

✨✨✨

"What did you do?" This is the question I had been asking Jacob for a whole day now.

He snuck into the house at 11 pm last night. He is so lucky I covered for him or else he would have gotten grounded again.

Jacob shrugged, "we have to get downstairs Jade is here." With that he walked off.

"Get back here Jacob I want answers." He ignored me while I chased him down the stairs. "Jacob! Jacobbb!! I swear to God-"

"Hey sis." That was Jade the first born of the Brooks family. She was dressed in a white summer dress with red flowers on it, she paired it with a white sandal. I jumped down the last two steps enveloping her in a huge hug. I haven't seen her for weeks now.

"You look so pretty", she says like she isn't the one looking like a runway model, while I'm in ripped jeans and a red crop top.

"I look pretty, girl have you looked in the mirror", I say laughing.

"Jas how have you been, how's Ryan".

Hearing his name almost brings me to tears, but I'm going to be strong. "I'll tell you about him later", I whisper to her.

We both walked to the living room where everyone was gathered, we all started talking and chatting just catching up on what's been going on in our lives.

"So dad aren't you going to tell us why all our names starts with a J", I pipe up.

"Okay so my mum's name was Jacqueline. I always thought it was a buetiful name, she was a wonderful mum, always protective and kind she made sure I would get all the toys I want because I was the only child", he smiles sadly.

"My dad was a busy man, always away on business trips. I would see him like once a week, my mother instilled good values in me she made sure I know my right from wrong. She may have pampered me as an only child but she ensured I had the right manners.

"It was 3 months to my eighteenth birthday when it all happened I came back from school, I was in my last year in high shool just like Jacob and Jasmine are in theirs. I got into the mansion I saw my mother lying on the floor a man pointing a gun to her head. I ran in and tried to fight him off, I thought I could save my mother but I couldn't he shot her rightin front of my eyes. That image has never left my mind, I will never forget how my mother died.

"The man was going for me next and I willingly accepted my fate, cause I couldn't imagine my life without my mother she was all I had. I heard the gunshot but I didn't feel a thing, I opened one eye and I saw my father with a gun in his hands and then masked man in a pool of his blood.

"It happened in a flash my dad told me to go far away from there. Apparently he had made the mistake of involving himself with the wrong business partners. I moved far away from my home town and I've been living here since 17. I built my firm here and I have my life here", he looked at us lovingly.

I didn't know when I started to cry but once he was done I ran to him, embracing my dad in a bear hug althought he's bigger than me. Soon everyone joined in the hug.

All of a sudden I started to sob, I mean the story is sad but memories of Ryan kept coming up and I couldn't hold in may tears anymore, I let it all go.

"Honey what's wrong, is it dad's story", I hear my mums calm voice say.

I lean into Jacob who sat right next to me he embraced me in his arms.

"Are you gonna tell them or should I", he says loud enough for everyone to hear. I shake my head furiously if my dad found out, Ryan would be dead and to top it of Jared is here as well.