11| Sessions & Comfort Food

Happy Reading!!

✨✨✨

JASMINE'S POV
I wake up to the sound of someone screaming. What the hell, who screams at this time in the morning. I pick up my phone and see 12:05pm. I vaguely remember turning of my alarm at eight this morning, today is the only day this week I had gotten peaceful sleep without a nightmare or waking up extra early.

It's Sunday morning, the sun is shining brightly and blinding me in the eye-shit it's Sunday and it's already 12. I scramble off the bed running straight to the bathroom and fix myself up I have less than an hour to leave the house if I want to get there early.

I wonder who was screaming though, guess I'll find out later on. Shrugging it off I throw on a white t-shirt, skinny jeans and my vans.

Throwing my hair into a high ponytail, I pick up my keys, phone and tiny backpack.

Running down the stairs I hear voices, voices that I haven't heard for almost a week. I run into the kitchen.

"Mom!!", I squeal running to her. She pulls me into a comforting hug. "I missed you so much", I say squeezing her a little bit not letting go.

"Oh wow, no love for your dad huh", I hear my dad say.

Rolling my eyes I give him an over exaggerated squeal, "Dad!!!, I missed you so so so much".

He pulls me into a bear hug, I swear this man is a giant. Releasing him I look into the hazel eyes I took from him, he ruffles my hair like he always did when I was a kid.

"Dad", I groan.

"I love what you did with your hair, your mom always did that when she was your age", he says sliding me a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage, I love this man.

"Why'd you stop mom", I say facing her.

"Grew out of it I guess", she shrugs.

I suddenly remember the scream that awoke me this morning—well afternoon.

"Mom I heard a scream around noon", I look at her furrowing my brows, "what was that about".

"Oh that was me, I saw a thong in the closet then I saw a used condom", Well shit I guess we forgot to lock the closet, "who was in the closet?", mom asks with a stern look on her face.

I look at my invisible watch on my wrist, "would you look at the time, I have to go now or I'll be late for my session".

Stuffing the rest of my bacon into my mouth I start to run towards the door, ignoring my parents calls until...

"Jasmine Rosemary Brooks!". I come to a halt, internally cringing at my middle name, I know that my mum is serious—she only uses our full name when she is.

I turn around slowly and reply her sheepishly, "Yes mother".

"Get back here and tell me what a thong was doing in the closet", she says angrily.

"Well-well I um", I stutter nervously, I am honestly the worst liar ever, anytime I lie I become a stuttering mess. Jacob you better get your ass down here.

"Listen mom I have no time to explain, I really have to get to my session or I'll be late and I really need this session", I say giving dad my puppy eyes and pouting my lips.

As usual he falls for it, "Amy let her go I'm sure she'll explain later".

"Alright go", mom waves me off. Just then Jacob is walking down the stairs sluggishly.

"Oh look, Jacob is here I'm sure he has a perfect explanation for why THERE'S A THONG AND A USED CONDOM IN THE CLOSET", I say yelling the last part.