06|Songs & Thoughts

Happy Reading!!

✨✨✨✨✨✨

JASMINE'S POV
"Oh, they wanted to hang out and I really hate being all alone in the house", Jacob replies.

I look at the boys and they're both staring at me. Ugh pervs, out of all days I decide to wear my short shorts today.

"Eyes up here boys", I snap at them.

Xavier smirks while Xander frowns and looks away, now he decides to be a gentleman-eye roll.

"You really should wear short shorts often", Xavier says.

"Oh shut up and move aside, let me beat your asses", I say, sitting between Jacob and Xavier, I've been doing whatever it takes to avoid Xander and so far I've had no reason to talk to him but I know that my luck will soon run out.

«✨»

I end up coming second five times, guess who got first? Xander freaking Russo, I don't know why but it's irking me that I couldn't-no scratch that-didn't beat him, I still could. Right now I'm silently fuming.

"Let's play again", I say nth time.

"You guys can play alone, I'm kinda tired", Xander says calmly.

"No!", I suddenly exclaim, they all look at me surprised, I was also surprised I did that. "I meant, you guys can play, I'll go get us snacks".

I quickly jump up from my position on the couch and scramble away, on my way up the stairs I tripped, I sigh in relief, no one's here-that would have been embarrassing.

Now what kind of snacks am I to give growing boys that probably haven't had anything since lunch. I look around the kitchen for a while. I guess sandwiches will do then. I take out the bread, lettuce and some tomatoes, yeah I think that'll do. I start to sing the sandwich song, yeah you know that one you sing when you want to make sandwiches and you can't remember how. Nah you probably don't know coz when we were kids my mom personally composed it, so whenever we're hungry and there's no one home we make ourselves a sandwich. I don't need it anymore but I found myself singing it, old habits die hard I guess.

Now this is the sandwich song

Na na na, na nahhhhh

Lay your bread out

Na na na, na nahhhhh

Place a lettuce

Na na na, na nahhhhh

Place two slices of tomatoes

Na na na, na nahhhhh

Top it with another lettuce

Na na na, na nahhhhh

Oh, don't forget to place another bread

Now you've made your sandwich!!!

I know pretty lame, but it helped when we were hungry and too young to cook.

I'm about to make another sandwich, when a voice behind me says, "wow you've got to teach me that song, I sometimes forget whether the tomatoes or the lettuce comes first". Note the sarcasm. I turn around to see Xander, I guess my luck has finally run out.

I glare at him, it looks like he's about to burst out laughing, "oh wait what about the cheese", he laughs.

"I get it, it's lame, besides I can make a sandwich without singing it". As if to prove my point, I turn around and make another one.