ii. spiderman, spiderman

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ ── sᴘɪᴅᴇʀᴍᴀɴ, sᴘɪᴅᴇʀᴍᴀɴ

               CONVINCING STEPHEN TO allow her to go to school the next day was a surprisingly difficult feat. Her older brother, known academic validation perfectionist in his youth, was nearly about to lock her inside her room to keep her home.

He eventually gave in with a sigh with the one condition of her driving her to school and immediately calling him whenever she felt like leaving.

"That paint color looks like lemons that've been exposed to radiation," she stated simply, eyeing the paint swatches Stephen is holding, making her choose for his new apartment. "Also, orange isn't your color."

"You're horrible at this," Stephen remarked as he threw the swatches to the backseat. "What's my color then?"

Frankie shrugged, opening the passenger door of his brand new sports car that she didn't care enough to know the name of. "I don't know. Something gloomy and bland like your personality."

Stephen rolled his eyes, putting on his shades that according to Frankie had announced earlier this morning made him look ten times more douchy than he already is. "Don't die. I have surgeries lined up, I don't have time to plan your funeral."

Of course, being the asshole that he is, he made sure to drive away before Frankie could respond, leaving her to roll her eyes as she hiked up her bag over her shoulders.

Now, Stephen being hesitant to let her go to school after yesterday's event was understandable. He's her brother and no matter how much they bicker, he will always look out for her. Peter Parker, on the other hand, sliding into the chair next to her that usually occupied Gwen with that disapproving look on his face is a whole other thing.

"Why are you at school?"

Frankie raised an eyebrow. "You know, Parker, it's getting really inconvenient to see your face every time I turn a corner."

Despite his earlier remark, Peter grinned. "Careful there, Strange, I might just begin to think that you like me."

Frankie made a face as if the thought physically repulses her. "You're in Gwen's seat."

"She seems to be completely happy in her new seat." He pointed at the front of the class where Gwen is sitting next to MJ Watson, a smile on her face.

Frankie narrowed her eyes at her best friend as Peter chuckled. "Traitor."

_._._

               "IT'S A GODDAMN CEREBRUM," Frankie insisted, her hand wrapped around the neck of the microscope to keep it from him. "The granular and molecular layer are literally right there."

Peter leaned back on his chair, revealing a still reddening scar staring from his neck all the way from under his clothes. "I don't know how to tell you this but the cerebellum also has both the granular and molecular layer."

But Frankie was no longer listening as her hand instinctively reached for his car, making Peter stiffen as her finger touched his skin. "What happened?"

Peter cleared his throat, already feeling himself blush under her scrutinizing gaze. "Uh ─ nothing. Burned myself while cooking."

Frankie pulled her hand back, realizing what she did. "Idiot."

The corner of his lips lifted up and if Frankie hadn't known better, she would have thought he was smirking. "The answer is still cerebellum."

"You can clearly see the pia mater and the pyramidal cells." Frankie huffed, pushing the microscope towards him. "Look at it again, you idiot."