vi. car crash or trampled by a lizard

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx ── ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʀᴀsʜ ᴏʀ ᴛʀᴀᴍᴘʟᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴀ ʟɪᴢᴀʀᴅ

OKAY, SO MAYBE throwing her shoes at the giant lizard isn't the most effective thing ever but it's not like she had much of a weapon choice so the shoes would have to do.

All that mattered was that it got the job done ─ distracting the lizard just enough to give Peter the chance to get away from being cornered on the wall, attacking the lizard as he wrapped an arm around Frankie's waist as he hoisted her up with one hand.

"Peter!" She screamed as he placed her on his shoulder, one arm around her legs making sure she didn't slip. "Let me down!"

She's sure they probably looked ridiculous with Spider-Man webbing up a giant lizard and Frankie dangling on his shoulder like a sack of rice, but he seems to be unbothered as he broke the glass window with his elbow.

"I'm throwing you out the window."

"Don't you dare─"

And then he threw her out the window, yelping as his webs caught her before she could hit the ground, making Frankie clutch the web like a child in an amusement park ride far too small for her.

And for the second time that day, all Frankie can think about is how much she wants to strangle the life out of Peter Parker.

For a few minutes, Frankie just dangled there, swaying back and forth as she screamed for her. As if that wasn't embarrassing enough for her ego, a bunch of firefighters had to come rescue her like a cat stuck on a tree, her face red the entire time as she swore never to attempt to help him again in her entire life.

He can go trip and crack his skull open for all she cares.

"Frankie!" Gwen called as soon as her feet touched the solid ground, wrapping her into a hug as MJ followed behind the blonde. "You were right behind me and suddenly you were gone!"

Frankie let out a nervous chuckle as she hugged her best friend back. "I got lost in the crowd."

Around them, officers, firefighters and medics alike roamed the area, ensuring the safety of the students as parents and family members began arriving one by one, panic in their eyes as they searched for their kids.

Some students that had been too close to the wall were covered with scratches and bruises with the medic team treating them while others simply looked shell shocked ─ the freshmen and sophomores looking as though they're about to throw up.

Gwen and MJ had been comforting each other when Frankie's phone began vibrating in her pocket, pulling it out to see Peter calling.

"I'm not talking to you," she said immediately as soon as the call went through. "You placed me on your shoulder like a pile of sand!"

"Frankie─"

"You threw me out the window!"

"Frankie, please─"

"Where are you?" She asked suddenly, looking back at the school building.

"I'm fine," he says, finally being able to finish a sentence. "I'm okay, I'm in the sewer tracking him."

"Peter, I swear to god─" Frankie suddenly found herself chewing on her bottom lip, worry gnawing in her chest.

MJ and Gwen turned from the sound of the fourth member of their unofficial group, worry immediately showing on their face. "Is Peter okay?"

"I'll be fine," the boy said from the other side. "Listen, the lizard is Doctor Connors and we need an antidote at Oscorp. Do you know how to run a serum?"