viii. a day at the aquarium

ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ ── ᴀ ᴅᴀʏ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀǫᴜᴀʀɪᴜᴍ

"YOU'VE BEEN SPENDING a whole lot of time cuddling up to me."

"Peter, I will push you off this moving bus."

"I'd like to see you try."

"Shut up."

"Or what?"

"I'll kill you."

"And so you've been saying."

"I'm going to ─"

From beside her, Gwen glared at the two of them. "Will you two stop?"

"I can't help it," Peter grinned. "She's fun to mess with."

"You are the worst being on the face of the planet," Frankie told him, arms folding over her chest as she narrowed her eyes.

"Aw, that's the nicest thing you've said to me."

"You have your entire life to be a jerk, can't you please just take today off?"

"No can do, beautiful."

"You are so─"

"Handsome?" He cuts off, grinning once again as he places his chin on his arm, thoroughly enjoying the look in Frankie's eyes as she glares at him. "A genius? Immensely talented? Incredible─"

"Annoying," Frankie reiterated. "Irritating, infuriating, exasperating, tiresome, irksome, a complete pain in my ass."

"Now, now, Frankie, you seem to be thinking a lot about me."

"I will stab you with a fork─"

From her place besides her best friend, Gwen rolled her eyes, watching them completely, once again, get lost in their own world where no one else exists but each other. Neither of them seems to have noticed the way Frankie's leaned forward or how Peter has almost completely turned around to face her.

"Fight me!"

"You are literally five foot two tall," Peter told her. "I am six foot two and two hundred pounds. You won't win this fight."

"Well fight me anyway!"

Gwen knows there's no point in trying to tell them to stop the second time around. It's almost ridiculous how both of them seem to be incapable of taking notice of anyone else whenever they're in the same room.

"Shut up," the blonde heard her best friend grit between her teeth, hand reaching out to lightly push Peter on the shoulder, the two of them already having moved on from whatever they had been talking about only a few seconds ago. They seem to bounce from one topic to another and it's nearly impossible to catch up.

Whatever they're talking about, they're the only ones who seem to understand.

"Make me," Peter quiffed back, a smirk playing on his lips.

"I think I actually hate you."

"Yeah, I'm going to pretend I didn't hear that."

Heaving a sigh, Gwen plugged her earphones in, leaning on the window in hopes of finding some peace and quiet as the two continued bickering. It's going to be a long trip.

_._._

"DO YOU TWO ever stop bickering or are you incapable of getting along for more than a minute?"