Chapter 3 : ' The Battle Is On'

AFTER BREAK

"What was that all about?" Kaito asked as if he was worried about me. " It was nothing don't worry about it" I replied. 

"What do you mean don't worry about it Xin?!" Tae balls out heading towards my desk. 

" Tae if you're concerned too I said that it was nothing" 

"Okay if you say so, but I'm just saying if you continue to let Emica bully you like this then you are going to be in a lot of trouble." 

At that moment I was speechless and shocked but at the same time I knew that if I were to take on Emica or ignore her she would still make it possible for me to end up in the principal's office.

" What a waste of time." I say.  " A waste of time huh?! What do you mean by that Xin, huh?!" Tae asked me with a furious look. 

" Tae is there a problem with you" Miss asked while entering the classroom.

" No it's nothing" Tae responded while taking her seat.

"Right well if it isn't anything I would appreciate it if you would stop yelling in my classroom!" 

" Right, I apologize" 

At Home Time

As we all began to walk home to my house not one of us spoke. It was so awkward that when Tae tried to break the silence Kaito and I refused to take her on. So as we all reached at my place I invited them in and introduced Kaito to my mom.

At Xin-lang's Resident

" Hey miss Tonae how are you?" Tae asked while greeting my mom on the cheeks .

" Aw I am doing fine and you-" 

When my mom froze there like a hawk I had a strong feeling something was wrong.

"Who is this boy? Xin perhaps do you know who he is?" She asked me while coming closer to Kaito's face. 

" Mom this is Kaito. I met him at school on the first day back. He is also my classmate." I replied while holding on to Kaito's shoulders trying to avoid any chaos.  

" Mhm, I think I met this young boy before, what was your mom name again child?" 

" Haha! Mom aren't you just hilarious! Well we'll be heading to my room now to get some homework done." I muffled out trying to change the subject while my mom stood there puzzled.

In Xin-lang's Room 

" Phew that was a close one" I say while panting heavily. " What was?" Kaito asked. "Nothing" I replied while taking a seat.

"Should we start?" I asked while looking at the both of them. " Yeah we should" they replied. 

One Hour Into Doing Homework

As I looked around my bedroom I could see that Tae and Kaito was extremely exhausted so I told them that it'll be better if we took a little break before we resume. 

"Okay sounds great" they both responded. " Hey, I'm going to use the restroom downstairs I will be back in a few minutes, okay?" 

"Sure" Kaito responded. 

" Do you think she's ever going to come back?" Kaito asked me when Tae was gone. " Well it depends on how long she stays-wait why are you asking me that kind of question?"

"No reason It's just a question." 

"Hmm, I hope it's just a question" I murmured under my breath. " What was that?" 

" Nothing." I replied.

Soon after  that strange conversation was over, my mom steps into the room and brings us a plate of food and an extra napkin for Tae's food seeing she had not returned as yet. 

" Make sure to keep it covered okay sweet heart?" 

" Okay mom" 

" Does she always call you names like sweet heart?" 

"Again with the wired questions. No she doesn't!" "Oh okay well can I-"

"No more questions! Let us just eat okay?!" I shouted at Kaito while making a fuss.

As he became quiet I felt bad for treating him so, so I told him I was sorry. 

" No need it's okay" he responded with a low tone.

"Are you sure?" I asked. "Yep no need to worry." 

Xin-lang's P.O.V 

How can I make it up to him? Oh I know.

" Say Ah~" I said in a playful tone while offering a spoon of my dumpling to him. 

"Seriously?" he asked while laughing at my gesture.

" What? What is so funny?" I asked him while laughing as well.

" Come on just eat it already" 

"Okay" he said while going for the dumpling. 

As he chewed the dumpling his next comment was not what I had expected from him.

------------

Sorry I made this chapter so short but in order to make the story flow I have to cut it in between. 

I hope you all understand. UvU