Chapter 10 : 'Home sweet Home'

"Honey your home!" My mom welcomed me while giving me a big hug. " Look, I have something to show you." She said in a happy serious tone. "Dad?" 

"Dad!" I yelled happily when I saw him come down the stair case. "How are you sweet heart?" He asked me. "I couldn't be better." I pouted as reaching for his chest. I began crying while I could feel his embrace tightly, wrapping me with his hands. 

MY DAD IS FINALLY HOME! 

"Honey, I also baked some chicken! You wouldn't want the food to get cold. " 

"Right. I'll head upstairs and change my clothes. I'll be right back." I said. 

LATER ON THE TABLE 

" You didn't tell me he was coming back home mom, what was up with that?" I asked.

"I wanted to surprise you honey." She answered. "Well it worked." 

"I'm glad it did." 

"So, Xin-lang? How is school?" My father asked me. "It was pretty stressful but fun. I mean I met a boy--" 

"A boy?" They both asked. "Hah--Did-did I say a 'boy?' I mean I met a--toy sitting on the ground in the school." I said trying to change the subject. "Really? You know just because I've been away for a couple days doesn't mean you can't tell me anything, you know that right?" He said. 

"Yeah, I do know that. " "So, who is this boy?" He asked. " Well, to start off, his name is Kaito and we used to be best friends before his mom left to another town and um, when he came back to this town, he didn't quite remembered who I was so it was a little challenging for me talking to him." I blurred out. 

"Oh. Doesn't he know you now? Does he knows that your his best friend?" My dad asked. "No." 

"Honey? I know that it can be hard talking to new people but this is your best friend Kaito, the same boy I recognized the day you brought him here. Keeping things like that away from him, it's a bit off and selfish of anyone." Mom said. 

"Okay, look I know it's not right keeping this from him but I actually thought about telling him the truth tomorrow."

"Oh! Really! I am so proud of you for making that decision for yourself!" My mother jumped up saying beginning to get excited. "Okay, okay, but, don't tell him before I do." 

"Why would you think I'd tell him?" "Well, because it's you." I said while laughing. "Good one." My dad joined while giggling too. "Come one stop it." My mom said while tapping my dad's hand. 

After dinner was great. I went to my bed after taking a shower but then I started coughing loudly that I couldn't stop myself from doing it. I think I gotten sick so I stayed home and drank tea for the rest of the night and the next day.

NEXT DAY 

*yawns* "Mmm." "Darling! Someone is here to see you!" My mom shouted from downstairs. "Who is it!?" I shouted asking. " It's Kaito!" 

Kaito? What is Kaito doing here? I wonder what he wants. 

"Tell him he can come! I'm to warm to get up! And I think I have a headache!" I replied. 

When I had heard the door opening (creaking) I saw Kaito coming in. "Hi.." He greeted me while taking a seat next to me on the floor mat. "Hi. Why aren't you in school?" I asked. "I heard you were sick so I came to check by." He responded. 

"Why? I never recall telling you that I was sick. Who told you that I was?" I asked. "Your mom called me and told me that you were sick." 

MOM?! She must be waiting for me to tell him. 

"Well, who told you to visit me?" I asked. "No one. I came on my own. I wanted to see how you were doing." He answered while blushing. "Are you-blushing?" I asked while starting to blush too. "No." He tried to convince me while trying to hide his cheeks. 

"Hey Kaito?" I said while holding his hands. "Yeah?" 

"I kind of have something I have to tell you." 

"What is it?" He asked. "Well--You know your best friend?" 

"Yeah? What happen to her?" 

"I'm-I'm your best friend." 

"What? Are you joking around with me?" He chuckled. "Kaito?--No I'm being serious. I used to be your best friend Xin-lang." 

"What? How? Prove it!" He commanded. "Look I know your mother and I know why you left this town. Not because it was boring but because your mother was going to remarry someone and she said that she wanted you to have a fresh start right?" I asked. "How do you know tha-" 

"Kaito, because I am Xin-lang. The little girl you used to play with in the yard every time I visited your house. The girl who would always care and look out for you." 

"I guess you are my best friend." Kaito said while slowly starting to cry. "Aw don't cry, this is over."

"What is?" He asked while sobbing in my arms. "The hiding secrets thing. I don't have to hide anything from you anymore." 

"Are you sure you're not going to hide things from me anymore?" 

"Of course not. I will never to that to you ever again." 

"Mm, well in that case I believe you." 

"Also, don't stay in my arms for ever. I have the cold and I don't want you to catch the cold." 

"I don't care. Because getting the cold from you is better than getting the cold from the rain because I know that I like you and care about you." 

"You-really mean that?" I asked while starting to cry. "Of course." He replied while wiping my tears. 

After our amazing conversation, Tae, Kaito and I all went to collage after a year passed. And Kaito asked me to be his own and now we're a  couple. We both decided to study the same subjects so we could work together when we passed our classes with A's. 

And Tae? Oh Tae couldn't be any better. She's still flying solo though. She said she's waiting for her prince charming to come get her. Of course, Emica made it to the same collage as us three but I don't make her walk over me anymore because Kaito helped me believe in myself and Tae is still looking out for me as usual. So I guess I can say everyone got their happy ending. 

Well, most people..haha.