Chapter 6: How far would you go?

-Hey boss! We're glad you could join us. We have two possible suspects in custody. We're checking their alibis but they don't seem to be our guys. They're too young and too stupid, to tell you the truth, Kono said to me when I arrived at work next morning without any warnings.

I felt kind of guilty for letting them do all the work, barely catch some sleep. Even when I didn't sleep shit either, I spent all night laying on my comfortable bed. I had some kind of rest at the very least.

-Ok, so we got anything that points to these guys?, I asked her checking all the info in our big screen. 

If these two weren't our guys, we needed to confirm that as soon as possible, so we could go look for our true killers. I was very anxious to catch them and know these streets are safe for my sister.

-Well we have a match with their fingerprints on the murder weapon, but they sure us that they sold it to some people who have no IDs... illegally of course. Could be possible, since they have a real strong alibi. They were at a gang bar, and at least five people can spot them there at the time of the murder, Chin said next showing me a 3.8 gun inside the evidence plastic bag.

-Ok, so these people, I said looking at the two huge pictures we had of our victims IDs, They are staying at the Hilton, having a good time. Somebody was waiting for them inside of the room, since there weren't any signs of forced entry, right?, I asked Kono and she nodded in response.

-They tied our victims up, took them to the woods and shot them in their heads, Chin added next.

-What I don't get is what did they earn with that? Just revenge? It's too simple and none passionate for that, Danny said next.

Good question dude. Usually when you're dealing with a passionate crime you get to see things like multiple shoots or stabs, lots of blood... more violent scenarios. This was point blank business. Clean and simply, no witnesses.

-Maybe they got scared. They saw that we were too close of them, and maybe it didn't worth it so they ended the matter right there before they got caught, Kono added. Could be too. I don't know, my mind wasn't clear enough for that right now.

-A rough night bro? More nightmares?, Danny asked me patting my back. I shook my head in response.

-Sorry. It's not a big deal. We have to get back to work, I said trying to show strength. 

I was the head of this squad, and we had a crime to solve. I couldn't be thinking in something that I cannot even solve for the moment. Not unless I develop psychic powers to read Jill's mind. Actually that would be great... but it's impossible. My head was so twisted. It was just that I couldn't fully concentrate in anything else.

Jill's POV

-Sweetie, it's your mom's boyfriend Noah, calling from the hotel. He wants to say hi to you, Rachel said handing me the phone with a huge smile on her face, like usual. I took it and warmly smiled back to her. This good girl attitude of mine is really useful.

-Thank you Rachel. Would you mind if I use your room? I need some privacy, I said with my best polite face and voice and she nodded in response. 

Too many years manipulating people, and I still got it. Maybe I should become an actress after all. I was truthfully convinced that I'd be successful. I walked into the room, and shut the door behind me. Finally some time alone.

-Cannot believe she bought it, Brian said laughing on the other side of the phone. 

I growled when I heard that. He had a strange wit for my taste. This wasn't a funny situation at all, specially because I still didn't want to talk to him but if I didn't he'd keep calling to Danny's place, and sure Rachel would open her big mouth to my brother. And that'd be the end of my freedom and Brian's face as I know it.