Epilogue

-Hey babygirl. Wow you look so big, I smiled at my sister that rolled her eyes at my statement.

-Jesus Steve. It's only been a couple weeks since we last skyped. So...how's everything in the island going?, she asked and laid her head over her hands just waiting for me to tell her all about it since she left.

-Everything is pretty much the same. A lot of work unfortunately, I sighed to the screen in front of me.

I had wanted to go visit my sister for the past month but I was not able to being stuck with a huge case we had going on in the island. We were on the track of a very powerful mafia organization and I really couldn't leave my team now. I'd hate myself if I did, but at some point I'd have to find time for my sister. She probably missed me as much as I did. And hell I missed her.

-Yeah I know, but what you're doing it's really important Steve, she said reading my thoughts. She didn't know anything about this gang we were after but she knew the work I did in the task force was priority one in the island.

-You're important too. I promise I'll find some time in the next week to fly myself over there. Ok?, I said looking into my sister's eyes that immediately shimmered with excitement.

-Really? Yay! I so want to see you already. Oh and bring Cath with you, yeah?, she asked with her infamous puppy dog eyes that made me chuckle loudly.

-If she's available I have no doubt she'll want to join us, I said at the smirking girl in front of me when I heard a voice on the back of Jill's laptop.

-Jill! What are you doing on your laptop?, I heard my mom's voice scolding my sister and I knew she was fighting the need to roll her eyes.

-I'm just talking to Steve, she said and turned her back on me.

-That's great honey but seriously you need to clean your room. This is a mess!, mom said sounding really upset but Jill didn't bother much.

-Fine. I'll clean it up. Bye, she dismissed mom roughly before turning her attention back to me.

-What was that all about?, I asked while raising an eyebrow, which clearly made her nervous.

-Yeah umm... I kinda told her I was coming up here to clean my room. I just wanted to give you a little call first, she pouted as she explained the source of mom's displeased tone of voice.

-Well then you better get to it young lady. And don't let me know you're treating mom that way. Understood?, I frowned at my sister's behavior and she dropped her look to her lap.

-Yes, she grumbled slightly so I pushed a little bit.

-Yes what?, I asked pointedly.

-Yes sir. I'll be better with mom, she finally gave up and lifted her look to meet mine.

-That's way better. Ok sweetie go clean your room. We can talk later ok?

-Yeah sure. I love you Stevie. Bye, she said quickly shutting down her skype window so I couldn't see her anymore.

-I miss you babygirl, I said to the empty screen and took a deep breath. I had to figure out how to get out of my job to pay Jill a little visit.

As days passed by I grew up more and more frustrated with this situation. I had so much work to do that it had been impossible to have not even a day off. I had started fearing I'd have to disappoint my little sister by saying I wouldn't make it to the visit I promised. Jesus it'd break her heart. If I didn't do something I was going to lose her forever.

So I decided to do the only thing I was left to do.

-You're what??, four voices said at the same time as I stood like stone in the conference room of the HPD building.