Chapter 28: Being sick

I firmly grabbed the phone and walked away from my sister so I could talk to this guy alone. Cath stayed with her, trying to bring her back from her shock. I spoke with a low scary voice that could have easily frozen the biggest guy in the world in his spot. I was downright furious.

-Listen to me you little punk, and you better listen to me well. If you ever come around my sister again I'll make you regret it, and this time my partner won't stop me from kicking the shit out of you, so I better not see you around. I'll make you regret the day you were borned.

I locked myself in the small bathroom, washing my face over and over again, trying to stop the memories of Jill and Brian popping into my head. I just couldn't allow this son of bitch to have my sister terrified like a mouse. No way.

I walked back to the living room where Jill was, sitting right next to my girlfriend who was still trying to comfort her. She looked better, with a little bit more of colour in her face and her sweating had stopped.

-Block him. He won't bother you again, I said giving my sister back her phone.

-I already have, but he calls me from every phone he can reach. I don't know what to do anymore, she said already with a few tears on her eyes.

-Hey don't worry. I'll go to the phone company and have your number changed ok? Why don't you give mom a call while I do that?, I said while rubbing her back and kissed her cheek.

-What for?, she said snorting and looking away. She peeked over her eye's corner and I gave her a plead look until she sighed in surrender.

-Can you stay here while me and Cath get that done? If you want to come with me, I said to my girlfriend.

-Sure, no problem, they answered at the same time as Jill started talking to our mom.

I couldn't really predict how mom would react to this situation, but I hardly doubted she'd interrupt her trip with her husband to pick up Jill. Besides the safest place where my babysitter could be right now is with me covering her back. Back in Boston, with that creep over there, mom being mom... anything was possible.

Jill's POV

Talking to my mother didn't help me at all. I swear to God, it was like if she was barely listening to me. Ok, so there was poor signal over where she was, but she didn't seem concerned at all. When I asked her about it, she said she was worried about me, but the fact that I was with Steven made her feel better. Actually me too. Steve's not gonna let anybody to hurt me. The problem is the price I have to pay for my safety. Being locked up away from Zeth, even when it was for our mutual good, SUCKED. I took advantage to give my mom some heads up about my new date, and she was happy that I found someone of my type to spend time with. And the most important, when I mentioned that Steve had gone to change my phone number, I let her know that a new phone was welcomed too. What? It's my right. She's not here when I need her, instead she's spending time with her own boyfriend. I deserve something in exchange for being ignored, right? Probably Steve won't be too happy about it, but I don't plan to mention him that the new IPhone I'm about to receive as soon as possible was my idea. Just in case you didn't notice, he thinks mom spoils me way too much. Maybe he's right, maybe he's not. Whatever. I had to call Zeth and let him know I didn't die.

-Jill, you're ok?, I heard when I saw Zeth's beautiful face show up in my laptop screen.

-Sure, don't worry about it. I ummm... well it's not a big deal anyway so...

-It's ok if you don't want to tell me. I'm just glad you're ok. I thought you'd pass out right there in my skype window, he said with a giggle.

-Don't worry, I'm ok, I said smiling to the phone, But I do have some bad news. I can't actually tell you why, but my brother doesn't want me to hang out for the moment, so our second date will have to wait. I'm sorry, I said trying Zeth not to get mad or confused. Something damn hard to do when you cannot explain the whole situation.