Chapter one- Home sweet home

Lenlee has been missing for a while now, Ashley knows that. She is worried sick for her friend. Someone just doesn't go missing like this, especially Lenlee.  Yes, it has been a while since her and Lenlee talked but she knows it's out of character for Lenlee to go missing. And she can't even do anything but sit and wait.

She checks her phone once in a while for something, anything that will let her know Lenlee is alright. She hears the front door to her house unlock, revealing her dad.

"Dad, did you find her?" Ashley asked, on the verge of crying.

"Ashley, Lenlee-,"

6 years later...

Ashley opens the door to her house. It's a decent size, to the right is the door to her room, and a little farther down the hall to the left, is the bathroom. Once you get out of the hallway at the entrance, there's a tidy kitchen with a few cabinets, a fridge and freezer, a microwave, and a stove. She doesn't have a dishwasher so she washes her dishes. To the left of the kitchen, there's a small brown couch with a coffee table in front of it. And there's a small TV. There is another door leading outside, that leads to her roommates' room. He got the master bedroom when they were looking for a place to stay. He called it and she was stuck with the smaller room.

She steps into the room, locking the door behind her. She walks into her room, throwing her bag on the floor and flopping down face-first onto her queen-sized bed. Ashley worked at a small deli store owned by an old husband and wife. The pay is nice and it left her time to try to finish college. She got a scholarship to the University of Arizona, and she didn't even have to think about it. She moved out the first chance she got, happy to finally move out of her old town.

After all, she couldn't stay after...that happened. She hasn't even gone to visit family or friends, they either met halfway or they went to her place. She shook her head to get the thoughts out and brought a pillow up to her face. Her room had plain white walls with a closet across from her bed that slid open. Her room had a window but she covered it. She has a bookshelf with a few books, but it is mostly empty with 4 dnd dice boxes. Each box had all 7 but a different design.

One box was pink and gold, the other was a sparkly dark red, the other was navy blue, and the last one had a marble design. Next to the bookshelf, there was a mirror. She looked at herself in the mirror for a while. She had dark brown curly hair that went to her elbows with bangs and light skin. She had buttercup brown eyes and was wearing black leggings with a plain white shirt. She was 5'7".

'Ok, maybe not the best thing to wear out.' She thought to herself. She stood up and changed out of her current clothes into her pajamas, which were black sweatpants with a red Star Wars shirt. She walked to the kitchen and took out leftover spaghetti from the Cheesecake Factory and poured it on a plate. It is her favorite restaurant, always has been. And she didn't even like cheesecake, just their spaghetti. Eric always says she is weird for that.

She puts the food in the microwave, pulling her phone out and waiting for her food to be done. She leans against the countertop and hears the door unlock. Eric steps in, walking into the kitchen, yawning.

"What are you making?" Eric asks, setting his things down behind the couch. Eric had dark brown skin, his jet black hair was tied up into a loose ponytail on his head. His eyes were a grayish color. He worked as a barista, so he was still wearing his jeans and a short-sleeved black shirt with a navy blue apron with pockets. He was 6'2".

"I'm reheating leftovers, how was work?" Ashley replied, taking the food out of the microwave and stirring it, setting it down on the counter.

"Boring as always. Next time someone asks for a refund on coffee I'm going to lose my shit." Eric groaned, flipping halfway on the couch. Ashley snickered, sitting next to where he was half laying down on the couch, setting her food on the coffee table. Eric looked up and narrowed his eyes at her.