Alone - Page XII

A single clock ticked loudly on the wall, almost too loudly, reminding him of how much time had passed since he first started waiting. Each passing seconds felt heavier than the last.

Mr. Tanaka, or should we say Yoichi Tanaka. Sat alone in the dining room, his head rested on his palm.

It was long past the appropriate time for dinner, and the warm food had long been devoid of their warmth

He glanced distraughtly at the clock, it was late. Very late.

But still, his brother was no where to be seen.

"I'm still here waiting... I always will be.", he muttered, saying this to one in particular. Since the person he'd like to converse with, never seemed to be there.

Yoichi stood up, making his way to the window, before swiftly pulling the curtains open, "Where are you, Kou?"

Looking up at the dark sky, he could only wish that his brother was alright.

The stars shone brighter, and that same night, another soul also wished for her sister to be back soon.

Trying to keep her hands busy, Yukari subconsciously bit on her nails. A habit she desperately needed to break.

However, right now. She really couldn't help it. It was almost 9 pm. She was anxious. Scared for her sister's safety.

The older L/n stomped around the living room. Glancing between the clock and her phone over and over again.

Solving problems on a piece of paper was much easier than dealing with her real life, family issues.

Although, she supposed the dent in her current relationship with her sibling, was the consequence of never dealing with said issues sooner. Always ignoring it, in favor of whatever sad excuse she had back then.

She wanted more than anything to just have even a minute longer, to work on fixing everything.

Unfortunately, time never waits for anything. Even on moments like these, moments that felt hopeless.

Everything continuously moves foward.

And sometimes, when someone's too lost in the present. This rule is often forgotten.

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Y/n's eyes widened, someone shoved Kou harshly off of her. He was thrown back, his hands luckily caught the grown before his head did. He sighed, relieved.

Unluckily for him, his relief was short-lived.

A loud slap laid waste to the trance the two were in moments ago.

This was what he got for being too immersed in something, or in this case, in someone. That he became completely oblivious of his surroundings.