Dispute & Revelation - Page XVII

"Make sure not to repeat your mistakes, understand? I will not tolerate any more tardiness from the two of you!"

Even though it was getting late into the night, the teacher still insisted on lecturing the two of them after submitting their hand written apology.

The door behind them shut closed as both Y/n and Kou made their way back to their rooms. In total silence.

A familiar sight of the vending machine caught the girl's attention.

She immediately went to find the canned drink she had dropped in the earlier incident involving both her and the noirette.

As the scene played in her mind, her face grew hot.

However, her thoughts came to a halt when she couldn't find her drink any where near the machine.

"What are you doing?"

His voice cut through the silence, like a knife.

Y/n hesitated before she reluctantly answered the boy, her frustration building up, "I'm looking for my coffee, since a certain someone made me drop it when they slammed me onto this piece of junk.", the (h/c)'s hand turned into a fist, smacking it hard on the so called "piece of junk".

The noise emitted from the girl's action resonated throughout the building.

Not long after, the sound of rushed footsteps approached them.

The two students quickly snapped their heads towards the direction of the steps, only to find their teacher's furious face glaring at them.

"What are you two doing fighting in the middle of the night?! Making such a ruckus!"

· · ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

Y/n and Kou sat stiffly, in a room with nothing but a table and three chairs.

The third one across from them remained empty. As the sounds of two adults arguing outside the room reached their ears.

"Mr. Tanaka, you may be able to let this pass, but I do not condone such insolent behavior!"

The younger teacher responded gently, "I understand, I will make sure that they learn from their mistakes and--"

Before Yoichi could finish his sentence, he was rudely interupted.

"You're not hearing me! I know that Mabuchi is your brother but you still have to discipline him properly! That is your responsibility--"

The yelling of the much older educator turned into a rambling mess.

"What a pain.", Kou muttered, pinching the bridge of his nose in annoyance. While the (h/c) sat rigidly on the chair, fiddling with her thumbs.

The boy eyed her lazily out of the corner of his eyes. Y/n was evidently nervous.

A long exasperated sigh escaped him before he surprisingly turned to face her completely.

His chair creaking in the process.

He rested his head in a weary manner, his half lidded gaze on the girl.

"What?", Y/n coldly spat at him.

Her tone unexpectedly didn't bother him. In fact he found it quite amusing.

He took joy out of ticking her off.

"Why do I have to be stuck here with you?", her offhand comment caught him off guard.

A brilliant idea appeared in his mind.