In the Light of the Moon - Page XVI

"So

"So... Does anyone have any suggestion?--"

In the midst of the silence, Futaba desperately tried to get her fellow representatives to start working on their task.

"--Murao?--"

"Not really.", Shuko quickly answered, never turning her gaze away from her book.

"--What about you Yuri?--", the brunette asked, which only caused Yuri to panic. Not knowing what to say.

"--Kominato? Kou?"

Both of them simply ignored her.

'What's with these people?!', Futaba sighed, "Come on, someone say something. What about this section on the significance of school events? We have to write something, they might ask us to present it later on!"

"Just put something down.", Kou answered, still typing away on his phone.

Futaba gripped the paper in her hands tighter, trying to contain her annoyance at the boy, until she saw a certain (h/c) in her peripheral vision.

"Ah! Y/n, you're back. Where were you?"

"I tried to submit my apology letter to Mr. Tanaka. But one of the other teachers told me to write another one.", she solemnly sauntered over next to the brunette, prior to plopping herself down on the wooden bench in front of Futaba.

"Huh, why?"

"He told me that my letter isn't genuine, since I took so little time writing it apparently.", Y/n rolled her eyes, annoyed.

A condescending scoff was heard by not just the (h/c), but everyone around her. And now all eyes were on Kou. Confused as to why he suddenly laughed.

.
.
.

"What the heck's your problem?", Y/n glared at him, biting her tounge as she tried to calm down her nerves.

For some odd reason, even though they've barely spoken to one another during their whole entire journey together. She somehow found him 1000 times more irritable and she almost could not stand the mere existence of him.

"Why do you want to know?", the smirk on his face faded instantly as he stared coldly back at the girl. Tearing his attention away from his phone at last.

"The vibe's getting really bad here, you guys!--", Futaba glanced around anxiously, stammering on her words."-- Oh! I know, since you both have till lights out to submit your apology, why don't I help you guys write it?"

'Since no one seems to be interested enough to do the task we were actually given', the brunette curled her lips.

Y/n focused her attention back to Futaba. She contemplated her offer, before declining, "It's fine, I don't really feel like doing anything right now. I'll just rewrite it again tonight. Thanks though."