Prologue

Prologue

In the Wizarding World some witches and wizards, who are blessed by Mother Magic, come into specific inheritances on their sixteenth birthday. These inheritances are known as an Alpha and an Omega; while those who do not come into this particular inheritance are often known as Betas. Each Alpha has a mate often with a Omega, but sometimes some Alphas do mate with a Beta. However, Omegas can only mate with an Alpha.

A female Omega will often come into heat after her menstrual cycle and will need an Alpha to help her through this and be segregated away during this week, as the hormones and pheromones released will cause their mate and any nearby Alphas to go into a rut where a knot is formed at the base of their penis. The reasons for these explanations? Two rather unlikely students had come into such an inheritance. Draco Malfoy became an Alpha at the end of his Fifth Year at Hogwarts and he knew straight away that his secret friend, and public bantering partner; Guinevere 'Gwen' Lily Potter was his Omega mate.

***

Late at night, Draco snuck out of his Dorms and up to the Hospital Wing where Gwen currently lay after the fight in the Ministry that cost her her Godfather's life and he knew she would be beside herself with grief and no doubt misplaced guilt. His thoughts, as he made the journey stealthily from the dungeons played over how they had become friends. It had happened in their Third Year after the Dementor attack on the train which he reluctantly admitted had shaken him. He couldn't sleep, so he had taken to wandering the castle when he heard someone crying in an unused classroom.

~ Flashback ~

Pushing open the door Draco spotted Guinevere Potter curled up in a corner sobbing into her knees, clutching tightly to a red leather book. This was the first time he was seeing her as she was, seeing through the mask and what he had wanted to see, and he was terribly shocked at what he saw. He noticed she was far too thin, and far too pale and what made him feel sick to his stomach as a unknown rage took hold; was where her shirt had slipped off her shoulder he saw a thick, red scar from a belt or some sort by the thickness of it, running from the back of her shoulder and disappearing into her shirt.
"Who did that to you?" Draco growled, unable to keep quiet and pointing to the scar; causing Gwen to start badly pushing herself further into the corner and pull up her top.