Chapter One, Gwen's Sudden Inheritance

23:58

Gwen looked at the clock on her bedside table in the Lady's suite in Potter Manor counting down until she turned sixteen. Thanks to being forced into the Triwizard Tournament, Gwen and Sirius found out the previous summer, after a trip to Gringotts, that she was emancipated. During this trip they also found out that Dumbledore had been stealing from her and asked the Goblins to get everything back with interest. Thankfully she didn't have to return to the torture house or otherwise known as the Dursleys. But to throw off Dumbledore and his lackeys she had met them at Kings Cross Station, following them outside where she told them she'll never go anywhere with them ever again and neither is she the scared little girl that they can beat up and push around whenever they feel like it.

Smirking at Vernon's puce coloured face, Gwen headed into the nearest alley and called for Dobby who took her home to Potter Manor. Gwen and Sirius had been quite busy the summer before, as Molly Weasley kept trying to separate them they created a clone of themselves so Sirius could teach Gwen what it is to be a Lady and an Heiress to two of the Most Noble and Ancient Houses. He also taught her a vast amount of spells from both the Black and Potter Grimoires to protect herself, showed her Potter Manor and how to reset the Ward stone (the house-elves had been very happy to see her again), bonded Dobby to her as her personal house-elf but he also answered to the head house-elf Tally, and finally, they had planned her Debutante Ball which will be held later on in the year during Yule at Potter Manor.

Gwen was suddenly pulled out of her thoughts by the beeping of her clock as midnight had finally dawned and a searing pain surging from her very core in tidal waves. With each tidal wave, the pain increased until it spilled over Gwen's very high threshold from the years of abuse she'd endured; she was in so much pain that she hadn't even realised that she'd fallen from her four poster bed, she couldn't see, she couldn't hear and nor could she make any sound. All she could do was lay on the carpeted ground hoping the pain would soon subside or it would consume her entirely and take her into the abyss.

Fortunately for Gwen, and for Draco who was feeling a semblance of her pain, the tidal waves of pure agony stopped with an explosion of her magic (that would have destroyed everything if the house-elves hadn't prepared for this eventuality) as something unlocked inside her, causing her to pass out; as the blocks on her magic placed there, unbeknownst to Gwen, by Albus Dumbledore on the night of Sirius' death while Gwen was unconscious from Voldemort possessing her. With the surge of Gwen's excess magic the wards around the Potter estate, the house-elves, creatures and plants seemed to get an extra surge of life as they absorbed the excess magic making them stronger and more in sync with not only the natural magic of the Scottish Highlands, the Potter and Peverell family Magicks but with Gwen as well.