♫ 82 ♫

"I am tired of seeing this family degrade my son like this. He may be gay, but he is still my son and he doesn't deserve insults from people like all of you.", Mr. Kim said, pointing at all the cousins.

"Hyung, you don't even support him, why are you defensive?", Yongshik questioned, crossing his arms.

"Because he is my son, I will defend him even against this whole family. And I never showed my support but I do. Look at him, he is young but more successful than any of you.", Mr. Kim responded, walking behind his son.

"So, its either you support him and stop the insults, you will be welcomed in this home and family. If not, I wouldn't mind breaking connections.", he continued with a stern voice. The other cousins looked at one another and sighed.

"We are very sorry of how we acted on you Hongjoong, it won't happen again.", Uncle Jonghan said, looking down.

"Please don't apologize just because you're after my family's money and support. In fact, I don't need all of you to support me or apologize.", Hongjoong had a fake smile plastered on his face.

"All I want, is no comments or insults about me being a human and wanting to live my life even if its against the stereotypes. And at least teach your children correct things.", Hongjoong leaned back to his chair.

After an hour or so, the cousins and elders all bid their goodbyes and left the house, leaving Seonghwa, Hongjoong and his parents. Seeing the other cars drive off, Hongjoong and Seonghwa were about to bid their goodbyes when they heard someone clear their throat.

"You two have some explaining to do.", Mrs. Kim said as she crossed her arms.

"About what eomma?", Hongjoong asked nervously, sharing glances with Seonghwa. Mrs. Kim scoffed and rolled her eyes, pointing back and forth between the two.

- in the living room -

"So when did you two become official?", Mr. Kim asked, leaning back on his chair.

"It's only been a few weeks sir, but my feelings for him has been long enough to make sure I am serious.", Seonghwa sternly said, feeling 2 pairs of eyes watching his every move.

"And you Hongjoong, are you sure you want to be with him?", Mr. Kim averted his eyes to his son.

Hongjoong nodded his head, "I have been sure ever since I met him. It was just recently that I got tired of hiding it."

"I support you both, I really do. I don't care what your cousins say, I will protect this relationship.", Mrs. Kim enthusiastically said as she sat up straight. The younger ones tried to stop themselves from breaking into laughter.

"Okay, you made it clear yeobo. You don't have to shout it for the whole neighborhood to hear.", Mr. Kim gave a weird glance to his wife. He then felt two pairs of eyes looking at him, taking a deep breath and nodding his head.

"As you heard earlier, I support the both of you. I would leave them just to protect you.", Mr. Kim said and gave a small smile.

Hongjoong stood up and walked slowly to his dad, giving a genuine and tender hug, "Thank you, appa. I promise I would never disappoint you again." Seonghwa stood up, knowing that they had to leave since it was late.

"Thank you so much for this wonderful time together, but its late and we have to go back now.", Seonghwa bowed, giving a big smile.

"Do you really have to go back already? Can't you both stay here until tomorrow?", Mrs. Kim pouted as she held onto Hongjoong.

"Ujm, we don't have a schedule until 16th so I guess its fine.", Hongjoong shrugged, earning a high-pitched 'yay' from his mom.

"Come, come, you can stay in your bedroom with Seonghwa.", she said as she pulled him up the stairs. Just as Seonghwa was about to follow, someone called for him.

"Can I talk to you for a second, Seonghwa?", Mr. Kim asked with a straight face. Seonghwa glanced at Hongjoong with a worried expression, getting a thumbs up as a reponse.

"W-what is it sir?", Seonghwa stuttered as he walked towards the dad of his lover.

"You're dating my son now right?", Mr. Kim asked, his eyebrows raising.

"Yes sir.", Seonghwa answered.

"Then I expect you to make him happy forever. I never saw him smile like that until you came to his life...but I promise you, if you ever hurt him. I'll make sure you'll regret doing that to my son.", Seonghwa's body was full of goosebumps as Mr. Kim whispered that last parts.

"I already promised him, that would never happen. I know myself that I keep my word.", he looked down and fiddled with his fingers.

Mr. Kim patted Seonghwa's shoulder and backed away. As Seonghwa was about to climb up the stairs, he heard the words that he always wanted to hear.

"Please, don't call me sir. You can call me appa and call my wife, eomma. You're a part of this family now, son.", Mr. Kim said as he fixed the scattered magazines on the side table.

"Yes, appa. Thank you and goodnight.", Seonghwa bowed and greeted before climbing up the stairs. Little did he know, Mr. Kim started dancing from joy because he was happy for both his son and Seonghwa.

"Yah! What are you doing at 12 am in the morning? Come on up, its time to sleep!", Mrs. Kim asked as she found her husband moving on his toes.

- in Hongjoong's room -

"Your room looks nice." Seonghwa said as he entered, finding Hongjoong sitting on his bed.

"I actually missed it. I'm happy they didn't change a thing.", Hongjoong took a deep breath as he glanced around.

Seonghwa sat on the bed and fell to his back. "What did my dad tell you? Was it bad?", Hongjoong asked as he fell on his back beside Seonghwa.

"I can call your parents, eomma and appa.", Seonghwa replied, smiling as he turned his face towards the person beside him.

"No way? He allowed you?", Hongjoong asked, sitting up with a shocked face.

"Well, before that he threatened me that I'd regret it if I ever hurt you. But then he said I could call them that, and he actually called me son.", Seonghwa explained with a huge smile on his face.

"Why do I feel like my dad would treat you more like a son than me?", Hongjoong scoffed and stood up, walking towards the bathroom.

"At least we got their approval and we don't have to hide anymore right!", Seonghwa shouted as he watched the bathroom door close.

"You don't know how happy that makes me.", Hongjoong murmured behind the door, smiling to himself.