Chapter 5: Drama?

Chapter 5: Drama? 

The minute I got home, I went straight to my bathroom and started up a bubble bath. Stress isn't good for me and thinking about soaking myself up in nice warm water and vanilla scented bubbles, seems as though it will do the trick of pulling stress away. 

As soon as I laid my head back and let the temperature of the water consume me, tons of thoughts splattered into my mind all at once. I think it's starting to get to me that I'm possibly going to ruin someone's marriage.  

This isn't a game, a baby is no joke. It's real life. I'm having a married man's child. A love child, a child he's going to keep away from his wife! How am I supposed to live with myself knowing all those things?  

I remember the night of the bachelorette party, Cindy telling me how hard it was for her to have a child and how she can't reproduce and how hard it is for both her and Adam to go out and see couples with children. I seen and felt her pain. How am I supposed to face her knowing that her husband's child is inside me growing healthy as I speak?  

The sound of my phone going off brought me out of my thoughts. I quietly groaned and wiped my hands on a free nearby dry towel. My phone is right beside the bathtub, on the floor, as soon as I went to go grab it, the screen lit up and showed the face of one of my coworkers, a friend. 

I answered and put it on speaker, I don't want to take the chance of my phone falling in the water and then having to wait next week for my check to buy another. 

"Hey." I said as I relaxed myself back in the tub. 

"Courtney, don't tell me you forgot about our arrangements?" She asks in a gibbery mood.  

As soon as she asked that, I knew what she was referring to and I rolled my eyes. "Shit! im sorry Chantel. I totally forgot about it." 

She laughs. "Please tell me you won't cancel, I want to go out before school starts up again." She complained. 

Chantel is a newbie. She's 19 years old, fresh out of high school and is working at the hair salon as well attending the local college. She asked me weeks ago if I can be her designated driver, while her and all her other friends go out. I said yes for as I'm not one to say no and for as I see her like a little sister. A little sister I never had before.  

"No, I wont, Ill be there in a few ok." I said. 

She squealed and I smiled, already seeing her get all hyper and excited. "Ok, don't be late!" She ended before she hung up. 

Well, having a night to myself completely went down the drain. 

I wanted to get dressed in sweats and a baggy T-shirt, but I opted out and decided on putting on a nice sheer black dress and fluffy slipper boots. I'm only dressed like this for as I don't think I want to stay in a car by myself for hours, I might just go in and have a little fun. Of course, excluding the drinking.