twenty-five: mind games

Morning came and my heart was still racing from what occurred last night

Morning came and my heart was still racing from what occurred last night. This doesn't happen to me — thinking and overthinking about a woman.

But this is a woman I'm falling in love with, of course I haven't experienced this.

After our moment in the kitchen, we cleaned up, she went back to the room with Jori and I stayed back out for the rest of the night, staring out from my balcony to the moonlight that made the pool water glisten.

I watched the sun rise before deciding it was time to take another shower and get myself together. I couldn't rub the lack of sleep out of my eyes so I just left them alone, save for the eye drops I used.

By the time I get downstairs, the person standing there is Farrah who is always up at the crack of dawn. The memories of what happened to her less than a year ago plague her mind as often as mine plague me.

Ladies and gentlemen, the Santinos — where we each have our own fucked up traumas and while we have the money to afford therapy, we're too prideful to do it.

Save for Farrah — considering she was in the medical field once, she's taken the advice of her peers and started therapy, however, as much as she tries to convince us to do it too, my brothers and I are hard-headed.

"Good morning." She greets as she pulls ingredients for breakfast out of the fridge.

I decide to help out because why not, "'Morning." I say before taking a carton of eggs out of the fridge. Knowing us, we'll use the whole thing.

I can feel her eyes on me, "Did you sleep last night?"

I shake my head, "No."

She arches a brow, "Does it have to do with you and Remi having sex?" My heart races at the sound of her name. I pause at Farrah's words though and send her a questioning look.

"How did you know?"

She smirks and turns on the stove, "I didn't." And just like that, my head falls back and a sigh escapes me. Her and her mind games. "How was it?"

I roll my eyes, "I'm not telling you how it was."

"Well, can you at least tell me what she said when you told her you love her?"

"How did you —" I stop, not even having to look at her to know she set me up again, "I didn't tell her I love her. I told her I'm falling in love with her —"

Farrah waves her hand, "Potato, potato. Stop lying to yourself. You know you're already in deep."

I say nothing and just quietly help her flip pancakes, fry sausages, and scramble eggs. Before Farrah, we rarely ate breakfast, at least this large of a breakfast. With mama, we'd reserved at least a weekend within our months to come have breakfast, lunch and dinner with her. But since this is the first time I've been home in a while, it seems time for a reunion.

The first person downstairs is Nico, baby Serina in his grasp as she sucks on her pacifier, head on his shoulder and eyes wet like she'd been crying.

"Buon giorno." He greets us, making a b-line to his wife. He kisses her softly before patting my face. Serina blinks and looks at me.

"Buon giorno, amore mio." I say to the baby girl, brushing my finger on her cheek to remove an eyelash.

Nico turns to Farrah with a small smile, "I'll dish everything out, my love." He says.

Farrah grins widely and thanks him. She takes her, presses a multitude of kisses to her face before taking her to the living room, leaving my brother and I to do the rest.

He arches a brow at me, "What's the plan?"

I grab serving plates from the cabinet, but before I can respond, Remi enters the kitchen with Jori on her hip.

"Good morning." She greets, and the sound of her voice is enough to bring me to my knees. She sends me a smile before looking to Nico, "Sorry. We haven't met. I'm Remi. This is Jori." She steps forward and reaches her hand out.

Domenico shakes it and sends her a welcoming smile, "Domenico, but you can call me Nico."

"Nice to meet you." He returns the sentiment. She pulls back before turning to me, her smile growing, "Jori was asking for you."

He reaches out for me and I take him into my arms, eyes stuck on Remi for a second. Before she can pull back completely, I rest a hand on her cheek and give her lips a quick kiss. When I pull away, I try to fight my smile before looking at the young boy.

Nico snorts as he catches sight of the shocked look on Remi's face.

"Sí piccolo?" I say in a teasing tone.

He giggles before leaning toward my ear and he begins to whisper, "Can we do something for mommy tonight?"

When he pulls back, I can't help the smile that grows on my face, "What do you have in mind, bambino?"

it's the fact that luca hates pda yet he out here kissing her in PUBLICCCCCCCCC - ugh, i love him