thirty-two: tie

"I'm going to be completely honest, I don't know half of the people here

"I'm going to be completely honest, I don't know half of the people here." Farrah admits as she ushers me over to the top of the staircase to look down at the sea of people dressed in their best that attended to celebrate the anniversary of the cutest couple I've ever seen.

I laugh, "You telling me you don't know that old white man over there?" With a flute of champagne in my grasp, I point to the man standing by a statue, eyes glazing over the party awkwardly.

Her face falls sarcastically and she slaps her forehead, "Oh my God, I completely forgot. That's my uncle's best friend's neighbor's third cousin."

I nod, "See, just had to jog your memory." Air leaves my nose as I look further into the crowd, "One thing about hungry people, they gon' fuck some cupcakes up." The white woman I spotted was munching on a strawberry cupcake like her life depended on it.

Farrah scrunches her nose when she spots the woman, "Not too much on my good sis now. She just really likes strawberry."

I laugh and agree, "Hell yeah."

Farrah joins my laughter and leans against the railing, eyes following her husband as he begins to make his way upstairs, only to be stopped by yet another old white man.

As you can tell, this isn't a very seasoned party.

Tugging on the skin-tight brown dress practically glued to my body, I huff when it snaps back like when a balloon snaps on you.

That shit hurt.

My eyes catch on Jori running around with other kids, toy dragons in their grasps. Antonio was assigned to watch them but I still couldn't keep my eyes off him. He'd been gone from me for too long, I'd be damned if I abandoned him — even if it was unintentional.

"Hiding away?" The voice that whispers into my ear belongs to the only man whose touch I don't flinch away from.

I lean my head back, feeling as he kisses behind my ear, "I should be asking you that. This is my first time seeing you all night."

He chuckles into my ear and I have to clench my thighs to control myself, "I'm sorry, amore mio. I was indecisive about the tie."

Turning in his hold, my brows fall as I look up at him. There he is, no tie. "Liar." He still looks fine as hell though, his tattoos making an appearance.

Farrah looks between us with a look of disgust on her face, "Is this how me and Nico act around other people?"

Luca nods, "Yes."

She scowls, "Ew." Then walks away.

He chuckles and gently kisses my lips, "You look ethereal, Remi." Oh. That just did something to me.

"Thank you, Farrah picked it out." I kiss him again, wrapping my arms around his torso before giving him a good look over, "You are absolutely handsome, Luca."

"Thank you, amore." He tucks his hand into his pocket, "I was indecisive about the tie but I was also indecisive about this."

He pulls out two rectangular velvet boxes and my eyes almost fall out of my head, "Luca."

"Remi." He teases in the same tone, a beautiful smile growing on his face, "I know they're not much but one for you and one for Jori." He hands me one and opens the other. When I open the one in my hands, my jaw drops.

"Luca," I repeat, trying not to cry. Staring right at me is a diamond encrusted necklace, a peridot pendant hanging from it. In Jori's, it's a turquoise birthstone. "You — you didn't have to."

He nods, "I did. It's the least I could give you for sticking around as long as you have."

I can't help the chuckle that escapes me, "You're adorable." I coo, "You don't have to give me anything, baby. I love you — you give me love in return. That's all that I need." I catch my breath, glancing down to the beautiful necklace, "I can't keep this."

He holds my face and luckily my makeup is the staying type, "Keep it."

did i end up giving y'all another one? yes, yes i didnowwwwwwwwwww i can say happy new year since this is the last one for the yearrrr!! 😭

nowwwwwwwwwww i can say happy new year since this is the last one for the yearrrr!! 😭

also, i published the beginning of believer !!! the rest will be coming soon!