7. Long Black Hair

Eugene's POV

Stop! Don't leave!

Please tell me your name!!

No! Wait...

"Eu? Eu?" Zak-nii's voice breaks me out of my trance. Huh? I look around to see Zak-nii sitting beside me. Oh yeah! I'm in the car with Zak-nii and Mica. He offered to give us a ride. Silly me! I completely forgot.

Zak-nii and Mica work at Donte, our dad's company. Mica is working as a part-time model at Donte and my brother is working as an assistant photographer. Dad wanted me to assist Zak-nii on one of his projects today. So we are on our way to Donte right now. "Eu, have you been having those dreams lately?" I quail at his question. "I haven't had one in months Zak-nii," I answer without looking at him and then I avert my gaze to the window to look at the passing objects outside. Though doing so is completely pointless as I can sense his and Mica's gaze on me.

God, cut me some slack!

I lied to Zak-nii. I had one last night and that's all I can think about. "Really?" I could hear disquiet in Zak-nii's voice. Great! I wasn't able to convince him. I'm just incapable of lying to him. Please just leave it that nii-san, you know how much I hate lying to you. I pray silently. I breathe out a sigh a little loudly and immediately regret doing so. My phone vibrates in my hand and I direct my attention to its screen. It's a message from Mica.

Mica: Are you really okay boo?

Me: I am fine! I just hate lying to him.

Me: and stop calling me that 😤

I hear Mica giggle and my phone beep. I'm sure it's something stupid so I'm gonna ignore it.

I have never liked lying to him and it kills me every time I do but what I don't get is how he finds out every single time. I think Zak-nii is a freakin' mind reader which is why it is imperative I glue my face to the window. Just when I was beginning to ease up I hear he call me again, "but Eu..." before he could continue Mica interrupts him "Isaac, do you have any idea who my photographer is for today?"

"Yours truly!" "Zak-nii!" we both answer in unison.

I turn around to face Mica in the backseat and continue, "Mica, did you forget? I told you it was Zak-nii..." and as I was talking to him I see his expressions turn deadpan and I understood what he was trying to do. Baka! Mica was trying to save your sorry ass. Facepalm.

My lips automatic curve into 'O' shape and Mica just rolls his eyes. As I turn to face the front again, Mica and I both notice Zak-nii glancing at us from the center rearview mirror. "Wow! Exhilarating!" Mica responses with sarcasm and Zak-nii lets out hearty laughter that instantly permeates the car.

I can't help but drift back to the dream last night. These dreams that I get are surprisingly vivid. I remember standing in a meadow. The fields were wide and green, filled with light blue tulips. A breath-taking view. The sky were being slowing turning purple as the sea swallowed the sun. The air was filled with the chirping of the birds. It was a pleasant dream till...

This is where my mind gets hazy. One minute I'm standing there admiring God's handy work and the next I'm being led by board firm hands. I can't seem to remember who that person was. I would like to think it was a tall girl with long black silky hair but something in me is telling me that person was a man.

No matter how much I focus I can't seem to remember their face or who they are. I think I have met him before, I think I know who that person is but I just can't seem to place my finger on them. The more I try to remember the more confused I get. I growl and rest my head on the seat while jabbing my fingers on my forehead. This whole thing is giving me a headache.

I feel a hand gentle pushing my shoulder. "Eu, are you okay?" I see Zak-nii staring at me with concerned eyes. "Just a little headache," I manage. I didn't wanna give out too much information that'll make my lying worthless. Zak-nii nods and opens the door to get out of the car. I copy him and move out as well. Mica is already waiting on the other side of the car for us. I circle around the car to go to his side. "Eu, is it still bothering you?" Mica whispers. "I can't seem to remember that person's face," I admit honestly. "Don't stress yourself too much. I'm sure it'll come to you soon." Mica smiles and gives me a tight hug. I shrug my shoulders. He pulls away, sucks in a deep breath, and stretches his arms while cracking his knuckles. "OK! My time to shine." Mica smirks and winks at me before entering the building. I chuckle and follow him in.

I'm glad to see Mica is back to his usual self.

We walk into the building to be greeted by the receptionist whose name I have most certainly forgotten. Note to self, ask nii-san for her name later. I enter through the glass door next to the reception into the main lobby. We start walking to studio 4 as per Zak-nii's instruction. Studio 4 is one of the biggest studios in Donte and is used for big campaigns. The studio is equipped with every god damn machine required for a shoot under the sun.

I see Mr. Queen the person in charge of the shoot standing in front of the studio's door. "Good Morning Isaac! How was your weekend? Oh, Mica and Eugene are here as well. Good. Mica the shoot is for Louis Vuitton's new product line for men and women so you'll have a shared shoot. Use greenroom no 2. The makeup artists are already waiting for you so get going." Mica gives an appreciative nod and rushes to greenroom 2.

I step in to scan the studio. It isn't my first time but this place always amazes me. The studio is filled with people running around to set it up for the shoot. I feel a huge lump forming in my throat and now my hands start shivering. God! I hope I don't mess this up?

I look over at Zak-nii who is standing with Mr. Queen who is instructing Zak-nii on the details of the shoot. Zak-nii is listening to his instructions intensively. Today will be Zak-nii's first shoot as the lead photographer and I don't see any confusion or dismay on his face. This is what a pro looks like.

Eugene Oyama pull yourself together you can do this. I straighten my back while pumping some confidence into me but my shoulders drop quickly thinking about the shoot. I run my hand over my tummy as I feel my stomach churn with nervousness. "How long do you plan on standing there?" I hear a voice come over my shoulders making me jump to the ceiling. "Gosh! You scared me." I turn to look at the owner of the voice.

"Nathan?"