Chapter 7

I walked in to my first period class the next day and sat in my seat just as the first bell rang. I placed my books on my desk and waited for class to start. As students entered in to the class, they were loud and noisy as usual. Surprisingly, for some reason as l looked around watching, I realized how much coming to school each day really meant to me. Who would've thought?

"I'm happy to see that you're alright," Ms. Deborah said, handing me a packet as she walked through the aisle's, passing them out to the rest of the class.

"Thanks" I said, averting my gaze to the packet she had just placed in front of me. I looked through the thick pages that had miniature stories and assignments for days in it.

Just as the second bell rang, Thomas walked in and grabbed the seat beside me. After being handed a packet, he took a glimpse at me and smirked, "You finally got yo lazy ass outta bed and chose to come back to school, huh?"

I chuckled, "Hell yeah"

I was not the home body and having to being confined to bed rest for the week was not something that was made for me. I hated staying in the same place for a long period of time and being at home for that week confirmed it. I did too much thinking during that time and whenever that happens, I plan some 'not so nice things' to do just to get revenge.

"What the hell is this?" Thomas said, lifting the packet and shaking it. "I hope this non-published novel ain't homework"

The students burst out into laughter while some agreed with Thomas's remark. When the class finally calmed their laughs, Ms. Deborah looked at Thomas and said, "Thanks for your comment but no it's not homework" She smiled, looking around the class. "I have to take a leave of abscence so I will be gone for almost a month. This packet has at least four weeks worth of assignments so while you have a substitue, this is the work that will need to be doing while he or she is here"

I looked over at Thomas and he was concentrating with his head in his phone. Moments later, he looked at me and smirked, "Guess who looking for you?"

I shook my head because I didn't even have to answer that question. I knew it had to be only but one person.

Class went by slow. Ms. Deborah had gave us a free period so that students can catch up on any work that they might've missed. I really didn't use the time wisely since I faded off and began thinking about what was going to happen when I seen Mike.

I was still mad at him but I wasn't. I wanted to fight him but I didn't. Our friendship had me confused.

***

School seemed to be going by fast and lunch had came sooner than expected. I ended up going to my fourth period English class since I was told that for now on our History paper contest meeting will be held after school for the next week.

I stood at my locker with my hands hiding inside as I texted Aliyah.

I'll see you after school in Mr. Greene's class for the history paper, right?

Withing seconds she texted back.

♥ Yes u will, beekie beek

I chuckled, staring at the text. Even though we weren't together, at times it felt like it. It was crazy how happy she made me just by seeing or texting her.

I stuffed my phone into my pocket, praying that the rest of the day flew by quickly. I slammed my locker and just as the second bell rang, I was shocked to see Mike standing beside me, staring.

Seeing him didn't make me upset but his 'I don't give a fuck' vibe that I felt had me questioning why he stood there smirking.

I forced out a sigh. "What the fuck you want?" I said, my nose flaring.

He just stood there, not saying a word. I chuckled to myself, looking up and down the halls, watching as they became empty while he stood in front of me in silence.

Before he finally figured he wanted to say something, he chuckled. " This whole situation is funny to me, honestly" he said.

"Me ending up in the hospital is a joke to you?" I sighed. "You texting everybody, talking bout you looking for me, say what you gotta say" I said, watching his eyebrows raise in surprise.

His hands began moving all around as he spoke. "I don't have nothing to say. You the one that's upset, so you talk"

"I have a reason to be upset, Mike. How don't you understand that?"

"I didn't take you there thinking that was gonna happen. Tell me how I don't understand? Not only did I put you in danger but I put myself too, Beek. Originally, they wanted me not you. If it was the other way around, would you had helped me?"

"Hell yeah" I yelled.

I didn't even have to think about that question because it was the truth. The fact that he had to ask me that made me wonder- is that why he didn't help me? I can understand him being scared for his life but what about mine? He didn't even warn me. Just thinking about everything upset me.

I pointed my finger in his face, "you grimy as hell and you know it"

He smirked, trying to push my hand from his face but I swatted it, pushing him. "I should knock yo sorry ass out right here" I said.

He stumbled backwards looking around. "Bruh, you don't even know what happened" his tone louden as he balanced himself.

"How don't I?" I said.

"I can't believe you don't trust me" he patted his hands against his chest.

I pointed at him, "Trust needs to be earned, you of all people should know that, Mike. You almost got me killed and you know it"

He clapped his hands together hard, "How did I almost get you killed?" He then folded his arms against his chest, "please explain this to me, Beek"

My hands flew up, wildly "How did you not?"

I gave him a moment to speak but all he did was stayed silent, shaking his head.

"My nigga, you asked me to chill with you and a few bitches from downtown, right? I get there and it's a fuckin house party. Then when all those mutha fucka's you 'claim' that wasn't gonna be there come strolling in, all of a sudden, yo ass goes ghost" I said, screaming in his face.

He backed up trying push me away from him. "I went to the store for my girl, first of all"

"First of all, don't nobody wanna here that bullshit" I said, looking away.

"It's the truth, Beek"

"But you got back just in time to take me to the hospital, right?" I moved closer to him. " Not only that, none of those nigga's seen you pull up or pull out? Fuck outta here with that"

"I don't have shit to lie about, I don't have to explain nothin to you. If it wasn't for me, you would still be layin in that house"

"No, if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't of been in that predicament in the first place"

"You knew what you were gettin yaself into"

I lifted both my middle fingers, realizing this was an arguing I did not want to battle. All I could think about as I backed off was so many years of friendship going down the drain.

"I'm done with you, Mike" I shook my head and walked off.

"Fuck you then" he yelled.

After I was halfway down the hall I heard was his echo, "Oh yeah, tell Karlina the next time she come to my house pressing my mom, I'ma send Nique out to give her the buisness"

I turned back around, laughing as I walked backwards. "Yeah, okay, don't get ya sister Nique fucked up. Better yet, don't get yaself fucked up"

He yelled some other stuff but I turned back around, ignoring his comments as I continued my way to lunch. All the while thinking, when you ask God to remove enemies from your life.... You'll see who your real friends are in the end.

Damn- I shook my head. I can tell now this is going to be one hell of a school year!