Chapter 20

After the words rolled off her tongue, I shook my head.

I now had a slight feeling of what she was about to tell me and it wasn't something I wanted to hear. God, please tell me this is not happening- I thought as my head dropped into the palms of my hands, "Aliyah" I whined.

"Beeker" she said, in a shaky tone.

I sighed, lifting my head, turning towards her, "please, don't tell me you're pregnant!"

She turned away from me. Staring straight ahead, nodding.

My jaw dropped, I froze.

She wasn't serious? was she?

"You're pregnant? How far a long are you?" I said.

She didn't do anything except remain silent. I grabbed her chin, forcing her to look at me, "How far along are you?"

She jerked away, covering her eyes with the palm of her right hand. "a month," she mumbled.

My eyes widened as the words flew from her mouth. I snatched her hand from her face, trying to contain my anger.

She scowled at me with her sadened, red eyes, "don't grab me like that"

"A month, Aliyah?" My arms flew up. "How long have you known?"

She shrugged, "For about... a week and a half"

"Why the fuck am I just now finding out about this?"

Tears started to roll across her face, "I ju- just wanted to wait to tell you"

"Wait? For what, Liyah?"

I couldn't believe this was happeneing. It seemed so surreal.

"Because if I wasn't going to keep it, why even tell you about it?"

"What do you mean if you weren't going to keep it? Is this why you chose to tell me? Without talking to me about it first? Is that why you're telling me now?" Questions were flying out of my mouth. I didn't even take a moment to even allow her to answer.

"Let me talk," she yelled.

I shook my head and leaned back against my seat.

"Explain yaself," I said, trying to stay calm.

She placed both of her hands on the steering wheel and rested her head on top, ignoring my questions.

So many things were wandering in my mind; how can she do this to me? I'm too young for this! Ugh... Why?

I took a deep breath, closing my eyes shut, wishing that this was just a dream.

I realized she haven't said anything so I turned towards her, placing my left hand on top of her right hand, rubbing it for a moment.

"I'm not ready to be father," I said in the most sweetest voice I can possibly use.

She pushed my hand off. "Are you serious?" she stuttered.

I gritted my teeth. "Liyah, I can hardly take care of myself, how am I going to take care of a baby? And what about you? How are you gonna finish school?"

"I.. I.. I'll tell my dad to pay for me to do home schooling, it's better that way. Ill be closer to the baby and I can do my work at my own pace"

"That's stupid, Liyah! You're a smart girl with goals, don't be a dumb ass and give it all up"

Her face flushed with red as she used all her might to yell, "How am I being dumb because I'm willing to take care of my mistakes?"

"So your admitting that this was just a mistake?" I yelled back