Chapter 22

I stood in the rain staring over at Erica. I heard a car door slam from the other side but I couldn't see who was coming.

Yo, what you doing here?" I asked, as I started to walk over to see what Erica wanted but then I noticed Keon.

My heart dropped and I froze in position.

What the fuck was he doing here? Why the fuck would she bring him?

I dropped the bags and ran towards my house. Racing up the stairs onto the porch and through the door. I tried slamming it shut but Keon was only steps behind me, trying to force the door open.

Sweat was rolling across my body, my heart was thumping against my chest and I tried hard to  push the door close with Keon on the other side battling me.

"Malik lock your doors," I screamed.

God please don't let him push through these doors!

"Uncle Beek" Malik yelled, as I can hear it in his voice that he was scared.

Before I can repeat myself, Keon's strength had overpowered mine and he was pushing his way through the door.

I ran towards the kitchen hoping to grab a knife or something so that I was able to protect myself but the thought soon failed when two fires went off.

Bang, bang!

My body weakened and I slammed to the floor, closing my eyes.

All I could think about was how my past had caught up to me and now it was too late to try to fix it.

I remember when Sarah said, "Remember this: the decisions you make now will affect you forever"

At that time I didn't quite understand what she meant but now I do.

All the stuff I had done, the anger I had built up, the revenge I had in my heart.... All of it meant nothing at this point. It was a mistake that I couldn't take back. And at this point everything was catching up. As much as I wanted to ask God for another chance, I realized that he had already gave me enough and I was just stupid to take it.

I also remember when Sarah said, "You don't want forever to be too soon"

At the time I didn't give those words much thought because I never expected it to happen to me.

Well, I was wrong and she was right. I didn't want forever to be too soon!

I felt the pain in my lower back as I laid across the floor, feeling dehydrated.

Bang!

Another shot went off and seconds later a thump hit the ground. I heard footsteps coming towards me then I felt a rub to the top of my head.

I opened my eyes and there was Malik with a frightened expression with Dre's gun beside him. 

I never expected him to be the one to take Dre's gun.

"Uncle Beek, please don't die" he sniffled as tears rolled across his face.

I couldn't speak. All I could do was lay there as my emotions pushed tears out of my eyes.

Malik began to scramble through my jean pockets. I felt him grab my phone and then the last thing I heard right before everything went silent was Malik's cry as he talked through the phone, "My uncle is dying, he needs to go to the hospital."

****

Two years later; Aliyah's Pov.

                                                    I held my beautiful daughter- Karly in my arms as I glanced around the cemetary. I had told myself that it was going to be a while before I brought her here but I couldn't hold it off for another day.

Karly was fidgeting in my arms as she chewed on Beeker's keychain that was made into necklace for her. I thought it was nice that she had the photo of her great-grandmother and father around her neck at all times. 

I handed her the red rose I planned to leave at the gravestone, "You wanna lay the flower down, Karly?" I asked, in my baby accent.

She grabbed the rose from my hand and I bent down, watching as she placed it across the stone.

I kissed my hand then touched the stone as I read,

                                            In loving memory of Leah robinson

                                           February 1, 1963- October 5, 1999

"I love you, Mommy. Always and forever" I whispered to myself.

I  lifted Karly, tightly back into my arms then glanced over at Beeker who was sitting quietly in his wheelchair.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

He looked up at me and nodded. "I hate cemetaries" he said.

Karly reached out for Beeker and I handed her to him. I then kissed him on the lips, still feeling the same tingle I always did whenever he touched me.

I was so happy that he was still here after all the crap he had been thorugh. I was more happy though that we were here together to raise Karly and make sure our lives were what they should have been.

I only had one more year of homeschooling to do, Beeker still had two more years to complete before he graduated because of his wild freshman year, but we both were still honor roll students and I was thrilled.

Beeker was now paraplegic which meant, no more football. He took it hard but he soon realized being alive was the best gift he can ask for.

He was able to see another day!

The mistakes he made in the passed, he used the experience to talk to other teens, hoping that he can help them from going down the same path.

I smiled, looking at him. Butterflies bum-rushing my stomach, "I love you, Beeker"

He smiled back, trying to prevent Karly from biting him, "I love you too, Liyah" he said.

The End....

I'm not that great of w writer but hope you liked... 

Please VOTE, COMMENT, AND SHARE.. But most of all, YOU HAVE TO TELL ME WHAT YOU THOUGHT OF!! 

COMMENT, COMMENT, COMMENT and Vote, vote, and...... VOTE!!! ♥ ♥ ♥