Chapter 11

After a few days, the tension between Karlina and I had died down. Even though she didn't give me back my phone, she promised that I would be receiving it at the end of the month. After she had made that promise, Thomas and I had got suspended for fighting a couple of Downtown boys at school that upcoming Monday. Not purposely but one thing led to another and... Welp, shit happens! So of course Karlina had to make another promise. This time she said that I wasn't getting my phone back until she seen some type of improvement in my behavior.

I didn't know what was happening but I actually started not to care about anything. I didn't care about changing my attitude, school was starting not to be a priority, and the phone situation seemed to be a small thing to a giant. I figured that I would just wait until I was to see Leonard and then ask if he can just help me get started in selling a little work. That way I could get anything I need without Karlina knowing.

Since I was suspended, the last two days I've been home doing nothing. Karlina had recently found a job working at a bar so she was at work for happy hour, Malik was at some after school program and I was trying my best to accomplish a few pages of work from the packet Mrs. Deborah had passed out before she took her leave of absence.

The doorbell had rung and I ran down stairs to get it. I wasn't expecting anybody and Karlina had a key so I was tripping a little on who it could've been. When I opened the door, butterflies bum rushed my stomach. I was a little shocked but happy at the same time.

"Whatchu doin here?" I asked, opening the door wider so that Aliyah was able to walk in.

She shrugged, smiling as she walked in. "I haven't heard from you since... the day of the fight. I wanted to check on- you know- to make sure everything was alright with you"

I licked my lips, pushing the door shut, "Everything's cool with me. My phone got taken- I guess until I change my behavior. That's why I haven't been able to call or text" I chuckled.

She looked around, "I figured that was the reason. Is anybody here?"

I shook my head, walked to the living room and sat down on the couch. She followed, sitting inches away.

"So why haven't I seen you in school?" She pushed her purse to side of her.

"Fighting some dude" I smirked, wiping my sweaty palms on my jeans.

She nodded, looking every where other than at me, "Is this a new fight or the one from last week?"

I sighed, leaning back against the couch, "what do you think?" I chuckled.

I knew wasn't anything funny but for some reason she was making me nervous. The only thing I felt like I could do was laugh just to hide how embarrassed and nervous I was at the moment.

She shook her head, "I don't wanna say what I think"

"Why?"

She looked at me, her face turning pink. She looked around for a moment then her hands started to shake.

"Beeker, I really like you"

I smiled, "I like you too"

She didn't budge. She looked so serious, "But... You don't understand- I don't want someone who's a bad boy"

I chuckled,"I'm not a bad boy"

"That's what I thought when I first met you.Plus, your grandmother would always talk about you but you don't seem the same" she said, sweetly.

"Seem the same how?"

She shrugged, "I don't know"

I leaned forward, resting my arms in my lap, "so if you don't know then why are you making comments?" My eyebrows was raised.