Chap. 2 - La familia Madrigal

Second person

"Bye mama! Papa!"
"Bye Y/N! Remember-"
"Yes yes, be back before sunset I know."
"Good. Take care!"
You rush out the door with a smile on your face.  As you were going to meet up with your friend that you've became, kinda close too, you suddenly hear a few children scream.

Being quite concerned for why these children were being loud you went over to see what the fuss was about. Going towards the casita of the Madrigals.  You stand by the entrance of the madrigal's home, and hear Mirabel show the kids what the magical casita could do. You've never seen the casita move before, so this scene in front of you made your eyes wide, amazed on what you're seeing.

"Lets go! This is our home, we've got every generation. So full of music a rhythm of its own design." Mirabel starts singing and knocks on each of her familia's doors, waking them up.
'Wow, Mirabel has a nice voice.' You think to yourself, as you get closer to the house joining the kids.

"This is my family, a perfect constellation! So many stars and everybody gets to shine.
WHOA! But lets be clear, Abuela runs this show, Whoa! She led us here so many years ago, whoa!"
'Wow, wait how old is Abuela?' You shake your head and continue to focus on Mirabel.

"And every year our family blessings grow. There's just a lot you've simply got to know so!
Welcome to the family Madrigal, the home of the family Madrigal! Where all the people are fantastical and magical, I'm part of the family Madrigal!"

The residents of Casita Madrigal heads out of the house with Mirabel at the back, all going out to help the people in Encanto. You follow them all, trying to catch up with your friend but he was too fast. So instead you listened to the song Mirabel started.
"Oh my gosh it's them!"
"What are the gifts?"
"But I don't know who is who!"
All the kids say. They seem to be really interested in the Madrigal family.
Mirabel handles their eagerness easily, "Alright, alright, relax!"
"I don't think they can Mirabel..." you state.
"It is physically impossible to relax!"
"Tell us everything! What are your powers?"
"Just tell us what everyone can do!"

You stare at that child.

"And that's why coffee's for grown-ups!" Mirabel gets the coffee out of the child's hands and passes it to you. The child looks up at you, hoping for you to give the coffee back to him. But you smirk and drink the rest of the coffee. You all are standing in front of a mural of La familia Madrigal. Mirabel points at a woman in the mural.

"My tía Pepa, her mood affects the weather. When she's unhappy well, the temperature gets weird." 'Noted. Don't get tía Pepa angry.' You mentally told yourself.
"My tío Bruno-"
"We don't talk about Bruno!"
You and Mirabel exchange looks for a second, then Mirabel continued. "They say he saw the future, one day he disappeared."

You all move towards a queue of injured people, "Oh! And that's my mom Julieta, here's her deal. Whoa! The truth is, she can heal you with a meal, whoa!" You thought if Julieta's food could heal you mentally.
"Her recipes are remedies for real. If you're impressed, imagine how I feel, mom!"
Julieta kisses her daughter, you smile at the cute scene on how close they are. You all continue across the paths of Encanto. As the chorus is sung again, you join in slightly dancing along with Mirabel while the kids follow along.

"Two guys fell in love with family Madrigal,
And now they're part of the family Madrigal!
So yeah, Tío Félix married Pepa and my dad married Julieta. That's how Abuela became an Abuela Madrigal!" All of the Madrigals gathered around Abuela and spun away once more. Finally your friend notices you and winks your way, before helping a person passing by.
Abuela sung her own verse, that everyone in the family vowed to help those around them no matter what the task was.

"Wait, who's a sister and who's a cousin?"
"There's so many people!"
"How do you keep them all straight?"
"These kids would never stop asking questions huh?" You muttered to yourself.
"Okay okay okay okay. So many kids in our house so, let's turn the sound up, you know why? I think it's time for a grandkid round up!"
The townsfolk around you repeated the last sentence, shocking you with how coordinated they are, like singing songs here seems normal for them.

"Cousin Delores can hear a pin drop. Camilo shapeshifts, Antonio gets his gift today.
My older sisters, Isabela and Luisa!
One strong, one graceful, perfect in every way." Isabela suddenly grows rows and rows of flowers around herself, presenting her powers. You try to hold in a sneeze, but fail in doing so.

"Grows a flower, the town goes wild. She's a perfect golden child." Mirabel stares of at Isabela, with admiration or probably a hint of jealousy. "And there's Luisa's super strong. The beauty and the brawn do no wrong." Luisa puts down the bridge you and the others were standing on over a small river. You grab hold of the rim of the bridge, trying to calm your heart as it was beating rapidly. Mirabel continues to sing to keep the children entertained, even standing on the edge of the bridge, dancing.

Mirabel, the kids and you go back to the local road, where Mirabel was about to head of when suddenly a child asks, "But what's your gift?" Silence was seen for a split second as you and Mirabel exchange looks until an accordion was thrown into Mirabel's arms. 3 people started playing the tune that Mirabel was singing too a few moments ago. She starts the song again to gain attention away from her and her gift by trying to get back home. The kids keep following along but never give up. 'Kids these days I swear.' You sigh.

"Well, I gotta go, the life of a Madrigal. But now you now you all know the family Madrigal!" Mirabel throws the accordion away and tries to hide from the kids, successfully failing.
"I never meant this to get autobiographical! So just to review the family Madrigal, Let's go!"
"What about Mirabel?"
Mirabel goes into a full rap about everyone else in the family, avoiding the question each time it gets ask. Heck, she almost got hit while dodging game balls! Which seems quite painful if she ever got hit. Even more kids join in with asking the same question. You try to catch up to them all, wanting to save Mirabel from these pestering children.

It was until you caught up to them at the casita of the Madrigal family when-
"MIRABEL!" You all look over at Abuela.
"What are you doing?" Abuela seemed quite concerned at the amount of noise the children were creating, being very interested in Mirabel.
"Uh, they were just asking about the family and-"
"She was about to tell us about her super awesome gift!" One kid cried out. Delores pops out to the doorway and stated, " Mirabel didn't get one,hm!" Then walked away. The kids were speechless, looking up at Mirabel with wide eyes.  "You didn't get a gift?" One child asked. Mirabel didn't know what to say. Why would she want to disappoint these kids?

"Mirabel, delivery." A man came up with a huge basket filled with goods for Antonio's gift ceremony, later today, and placed it into her arms. "It's called the 'not special.. special' since you.. uh.. don't have a gift." The air around got quite awkward. So you began to slowly turn back. Mirabel mustered a small thanks but the man continued on, "Tell Antonio good luck. The last gift ceremony was a bummer, last one was yours which... it did- did not work." Great even more awkward.

"Sir, I think we get the point. I think you're still busy with work, yes?" You said. Slightly pushing the man back so he won't bother Mirabel anymore. He understood and went off, carrying on with what he was doing before.
"Thanks, Y/N." Mirabel says and creates a small smile toward you. You smile back.
"If I were you I'd be really sad." A child exclaimed. If these kids continue to state this topic I will-
"But again, my little friend, I am not. Gift or no gift, I am just as special like the rest of my family." O my. Give Mirabel a prize for that was an amazing answer. You wave at Mirabel and head of to do what you were supposed to do in the first place.

"Camilo, there you are!" You finally found your friend, resting himself on a wall while crossing his arms.
"Ah bonito! You finally caught up to me!"
"Oh shush." You smile. Camilo and you had gotten close ever since your first meeting. You both relate to one another in a way, making jokes, playing silly tricks on family or people in Encanto and well, just being yourself! You wouldn't ask for another friend in the whole world. Hopefully nothing would ever ruin the friendship. Right?