Chap. 3 - Antonio's gift ceremony

You pace around the room, constantly looking at the clock. The time is getting nearer as the clock ticks and tocks to indicate each second passing by. You were getting nervous, you don't know why you're getting nervous! Maybe Camilo's nervousness got onto you, you thought. He didn't show it, but you could tell he was indeed nervous, with his foot tapping on the ground or his hands slightly shaking. But you're always there to comfort him, whatever it means necessary. He's always there for you, so why won't you be there for him?

"S/N, come on! We have to get going, it's almost time!"
"Y/N I haven't finished brushing my hair!"
"S/N if you want to continue brushing your hair we're going to leave without you."
"Fine fine I'm cominggggg!" Your mama, papa, sibling and you are all heading to the magical casita of the Madrigals. As you and your familia head towards the entrance you see Camilo, greeting the other townsfolk of Encanto.
"Ah Camilo!" You go up towards him, smiling.
"My, It's Y/N!" He says back. You both start doing a little handshake the two of you created earlier on. S/N hops onto your back suddenly, almost making the both of you fall over.
"S/N! Don't do that to Y/N!"
"Eheh sorry Y/N." S/N said. You swear you could've just thrown S/N down the river a few weeks ago so you wouldn't have to deal with them now.

"Y/N, and familia of Y/N. Please, head inside. There's food and drinks galore!"
"See ya inside bestie," you said, before heading inside with the rest of your family.
"No problem, bonito." Camilo smiles towards you, before turning back around continuing to greet the other guests.

You've never actually been inside the Casita, since Camilo and you always hung out by the river or around Encanto. The house is just as beautiful as it is from the outside. Looking up you could see how each member of the family has their own special door for their room, and seeing how some of them glowed made your eyes sparkle.

There was people everywhere, talking to one another, socialising, some dancing, some admiring Isabela with her flowers and people playing music. Happiness filled the air for the excitement of Antonio's gift ceremony. Even the casita seemed excited, for it played with the children by the stairs leading up to the door which could decide Antonio's gift.

Soon enough, it started. Abuela was standing at the top of the stairs with Pepa and Félix, waiting for their youngest son, well youngest in the Madrigal family. You watch as Antonio is presented beautiful red tiles casita made for a supposedly red carpet for the young man, but he wouldn't budge. There was silence among the crowd. From the corner of your eye you see Camilo and Delores, looking at one another, worried for their sibling. It wasn't until Mirabel stepped out and held Antonio's hand when murmurs were heard throughout the sea of people, possibly thinking that Mirabel was bad luck or that she would ruin her dear cousins gift ceremony. But Mirabel wasn't like that, she would never do such a thing. They started walking, together, up the stairs towards the door that could change Antonio's life forever.

Abuela stated a few things, holding the candle which gave them the magic of gifts and life in the casita. Antonio makes sure to agree with the statements and to hold the candle with his Abuela. Then it was time. He seemed nervous,  very nervous. You grip your clothing, as sweat starts forming in your hands. He touches the doorknob, and as everyone stares the door shines bright. Sparkles ripple through the door, creating shapes and the doors frame. Many are gasping, wondering what Antonio's gift would be.

You, well, everyone sees something fly and land onto Antonio's arm, a toucan. It seemed to be communicating with Antonio. He gasped.
"Uhuh, uhuh, I understand you." Antonio says.
"Of course they can come!" He giggles. The bird, presumably making a call, squawks. Suddenly even more toucans came down, even some land animals, wanting to join in with the party. As the animals gather around the child, the door sparkled up, revealing Antonio's name and a drawing of what his gift is. Talking to animals. Abuela sighs in relief, " We have a new gift!" Everyone cheers for Antonio.

The newly gifted child opens the door to his new room. Everyone starts filling in as the room starts creating itself. You look around, amazed at the Casita. Suddenly a tiger comes in, picking up Antonio and carrying him on its back. They both run around the room, up the trees, under a waterfall. Anything that you would associate with a jungle could be found in here. As the river comes rushing back to the crowd Pepa and Félix hug their youngest son, proud of him and his new abilities. Mirabel looks at Antonio, also proud of him.

"I knew you could do it," Abuela says, caressing Antonio's face. "A gift, just as special as you." Mirabel's face fell, you felt worried for your other friend. You went towards her, wanting to comfort her. Abuela gasps, remembering something. "We need a picture!"
"Mirabel, are you going to join them?" You say, but it was too late. The picture has already been taken, with the rest of the Madrigal family exclaiming, "La familia Madrigal!"

You could see sadness in her eyes. The feeling of being left out and ignored. You rub your hand on Mirabel's arm, trying to comfort her. But it wouldn't work with the picturesque scene in front of her. All she wanted was to help out the family, help out others, to be just as special as them, gift or no gift. But Abuela didn't see anything in her. Abuela wanted the perfect family. But nothing could be perfect, since there are always some imperfections.