Chap.5 - Mirabel's Plan

A/N: some quotes might not be that accurate so I'm very sorry. Hope you enjoy!
—————————————

It seemed that Mirabel wants to stop the magic from crumbling. So you want to help as much as you can. Right now you're guessing the at Mirabel's current priority is to find Delores, since she's the ears of the Madrigals. Delores must've heard something. You're walking around Encanto, like you always do.

You promised you would help Mirabel any way you can, so you would try and find out info on the magic. You overhear a man talking about his proposal to Isabela. 'Wait proposal?' You gasp, quickly hiding behind a wall to listen in more.
"With mi amor, me gustaria cinco niños."
What. 5 kids?! You shiver. 'Poor Isabela...' you think to yourself. You're hoping that Mirabel has gotten some information already about the magic. You think it's time not to listen to this man anymore so you left to find Mirabel.

"Luisa! Luisa hey-" As you turn the corner you spot Mirabel, falling off a ledge trying to catch up to her older sister.
"Mirabel!" You rush up to her, helping Mirabel stand.
"Thanks Y/N." She smiles, "quick! We need to catch up to Luisa, she knows something." You nod and you both start heading down the path Luisa went a few moments back.

You finally catch up to Luisa, who is carrying a lot of donkeys on her back. "Luisa! Somethings wrong with the magic and you know something about it don't you?" Mirabel states. Luisa looks shocked, putting the donkeys down to talk to her younger sister.
"W-why would anything be wrong? I'm totally fine, the magic's fine, Luisa's fine." Luisa picks up Mirabel and places her in front of the donkeys. "I'm totally not nervous." She confidently says, hands on her hips. Twitch twitch!
"Your eye.." you begin. Mirabel finishes the sentence. "Its doing that thing-"

"I'm the strong one, I'm not nervous. I'm as tough as the crust of the earth is." Luisa throws a boulder onto her head, which smashed into hundreds of pieces. Mirabel and you give each other glances.
"... okay?"
"I love mountains, I move churches. And I glow 'cause I know what my worth is." She flexes her muscles, turning back to look at both Mirabel and I. The donkeys seemed intimidated and took a step back.
"Course, I mean- hey where are you going?"
"I don't ask how hard the work is, got a rough indestructible surface." Luisa moves 2 other boulders with her hips.
'Wow, those hips don't lie.' You think to yourself.
"Diamonds and platinum, I find 'em, I flatten 'em. I take what I'm handed, I break what's demanding, but!" She takes hard steps towards us but then pulls the ground of our feet.

"Under the surface, I feel berserk as a tightrope walker in a three-ring circus. Under the surface, Was Hercules ever like "Yo, I don't wanna fight Cerberus"?" Luisa balances donkeys in front of us, then suddenly we are all in a colosseum with a 3-headed dog.
"Under the surface, I'm pretty sure I'm worthless if I can't be of service. A flaw or a crack, the straw in the stack, that breaks the camel's back, what breaks the camel's back it's-" Luisa falls down, you have no idea where everyone went until you spot Mirabel on weighing scales, held by Luisa. "Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop, whoa. Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'till you just go pop, whoa oh oh!" Mirabel flies up off the scale, until her and Luisa are on a stage? Man them dance moves got you swaying from side to side.

"Give it to your sister, your sister's older. Give her all the heavy things we can't shoulder. Who am I if I can't run with the ball? If I fall to," Luisa carries the world on top of her head, protecting Mirabel and I. "Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go, whoa. Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'till it's ready to blow! Whoa!" Craters of hot water spew out of the floor, but Luisa carries both Mirabel and I out, blasting us off from one of the highly pressured water craters. "Give it to your sister, your sister's stronger. She if she can hang on a little longer. Who am I if I can't carry it all? If I falter." You all hang off a cliff, only being held on thanks to Luisa. Suddenly the rock she's holding onto breaks, making you all fall.

We are back in Encanto, only for giant boulders flying down our way. But Luisa protects us once again. "Under the surface, I hide my nerves and it worsens, I worry something is gonna hurt us. Under the surface, the ship doesn't swerve as it heard how big the iceberg is."
'Titanic?' You are suddenly confused since the donkeys are now playing instruments right next to you on the ship. "Under the surface, I think about my purpose, can I somehow preserve this? Line up the dominoes, a light wind blows. You try to stop it tumbling, but on and on it goes!" You all are now on the coast, when a full line of doors line up, with Luisa's in front. It's all about to fall onto you but Luisa holds them all back. No wonder she never takes a break, she doesn't want to be a disappointment to her family. All you could feel is guilt and sadness, that she has been keeping all these feelings away from the family for so long.

"But wait! If I could shake the crushing weight of expectations would that free some room up for joy? Or relaxation, or simple pleasure?" The scenery around you three suddenly changes, you all are flying in what seems like a heaven of colourful clouds. Mirabel looks frightened but you seem to enjoy it, swimming in the air without any care in the world. It was when you are all riding on the donkeys back, which they all have horns on their heads. Mirabel was about to fall off so you quickly grab her hand and pull her back onto the donkey she was on.

The donkeys disappear and you all hold hands, flying higher and higher into the air. "Instead we measure this growing pressure. Keeps growing, keep going. 'Cause all we know is! Pressure like a drip, drip, drip that'll never stop, whoa.." gigantic rocks fall out of the sky once more, making Luisa push both you and Mirabel away to carry them. "Pressure that'll tip, tip, tip 'til you just go pop, whoa-oh-oh! Give it to your sister, it doesn't hurt, and see if she can handle every family burden. Watch as she buckles and bends but never breaks." Even more boulders than before fall onto the load Luisa carries.

Suddenly the Madrigal's casita fall on top of Luisa, possibly crushing her. Both you and Mirabel are wide eyed, wondering if she's ok. But she carries the Casita over her head."No mistakes just Pressure like a grip, grip, grip and it won't let go, woah." Luisa pushes the casita off her feet, once again dancing with the donkeys surrounding her, popping and locking with some dance moves you didn't know donkeys could do. "Pressure like a tick, tick, tick 'till it's ready to blow, woah. Give it to your sister and never wonder, if the same pressure would've pulled you under. Who am I if I don't have what it takes?" La casita Madrigal once falls onto you all again, but Luisa was always there to protect you all.

"No cracks, no breaks! No mistakes, no pressure."

You three, including the donkeys, are back in Encanto. You look at Luisa, sad with all the pressure she's under. "Luisa, I'm so sorry I didn't know-"Mirabel gets cut off by Luisa tightly hugging her younger sister.
"It's ok, Mira. I.. think there's something you should know. Both of you." She looks at both of you, finally letting go of Mirabel. "I've been feeling... weak." Shock is seen in yours and Mirabel's eyes.
"Wait what does that mean-?"
"Luisa! The donkeys!"
"On it!" Luisa gets back to picking up the donkeys onto her shoulders, walking away from you and Mirabel.
"Luisa, what do you think we should do now? Please, tell us." You say, chasing after her.
"I suggest you check Bruno's tower." You seem confused, but Mirabel seems to have gotten an idea.
"Thank you Luisa! Y/N, I think I need to go solo for this part, wait..." You look at her, confused at why she's being so confusing. "Yes! Please Y/N, come over for dinner, I need you there. Please?" You seem surprised at that sudden invitation, quite taken aback that you've taken a step backwards, almost tripping over your shoes.

"I-uh.. sure? I'll just tell my mama and papa-"
"Gracias Y/N!" Mirabel hugs you tightly then heads off, probably going to Bruno's tower.
'Time to get ready for dinner.' You think to yourself, walking back home.