Chap.6 - We don't talk about Bruno

A/N: I almost deleted the whole story on my notes, but I was lucky to get it back lol. Anyway the chapters will come out slowly due to school starting and stuff, but I'll try to post a chapter often! Hope you enjoy!
————————————

You make yourself look presentable for the Madrigals, especially since Isabela is going to get a proposal! You decide to start heading to the Casita of the Madrigals quite early, so you could supposedly give a helping hand. You don't want to hang around S/N and watch them annoy you over and over again.

You skip along the rocky pathway, all the way up to the Madrigal's magical Casita. As you were about to open the door, Delores opens it right up. "Ah, Y/N! Welcome. Mirabel invited you yes?" She said, with a soft voice.
"Oh yeah." You reply, smiling at her.
"Come in come in!" She moves to the side, letting you slide past her into the foyer.
"Would you know where... Mirabel is?" You ask.
"Hm! She must be in her room." Delores says, before returning to the task she was originally doing before hand.

You head up the stairs, all the way to Mirabel's room. You knock on her door before opening it to find her Tía Pepa and Mirabel herself.
"We, don't talk about Bruno."
"But- if uh- you see yourself in his vision, would it have a positive outcome or-?" Mirabel asked but Pepa intercepted.
"We don't talk about Bru-"
"IT WAS A NIGHTMARE!" Suddenly, her husband Félix bursts through the door.
"FÉLIX!" Pepa gasps in suprise.
"Sorry, Pepi. She needs to know, she needs to know." Pepa rushes up to Félix, shushing his mouth.
"Wedon'ttalkaboutbruno!" Pepa really doesn't want to talk about him.

"He would see something terrible, and then. Crack tikatikatika pra boom! It will happen."
Pepa looks at Félix angrily, before saying again, "We don't talk about Bruno!"
"What if you don't understand what he saw?" Mirabel asks.
"Then you better figure it out, because it was coming for you!" Félix grabs onto Mirabel's shoulders, exaggerating. You open the door out of the room, saying,
"I think I should head out-" but then Pepa starts singing.
"We don't talk about Bruno no no no, we don't talk about Bruno. BUT" Everything around you and Mirabel is replaced the, what you think, was Pepa's and Félix's wedding day.

"It was my wedding day (it was our wedding day). We were getting ready and there wasn't a cloud in the sky!(No clouds allowed, in the sky)" The sun was shining down on everyone in Encanto. 'What a beautiful day to have a wedding.' You think.
"Bruno walks in, with a mischievous grin.(THUNDER!) You telling the story or am I?" Pepa gets quite mad at her husband that keeps interrupting her.
"I'm sorry mi Vida go on~" Félix apologises, before Pepa continues.
"Bruno says 'it looks like rain' (Why did he tell us?)" In doing so he floods my brain! (Abuela gets the umbrella!)" Suddenly, the weather changed, turning the sunny and hot air into dark, cold rain. Félix protects Pepa with an umbrella. "Married in a hurricane! (What a joyous day but anyway!)" Six people with umbrellas suddenly fly away with the harsh gush of wind. They sing together. "We don't talk about Bruno no no no. We don't talk about Bruno!"

Mirabel and you are now back at the Casita of La familia Madrigal. Delores suddenly pops out, scaring you so much you fall down onto the floor, but Mirabel prongs you back onto your feet. "Hey! Grew to live in fear of Bruno stuttering or stumbling. I can always hear him sort of muttering and mumbling." You all are in a line, following Delores with her moves, mainly pretending to hear Bruno. "I associate him with the sound of falling sand, ch, ch, ch." Delores shushes you, even though you both aren't making any noise. You notice a shadow move across the walls behind you three. You look but it got away. You didn't want to cause anyone to worry, so you shake it off. "It's a heavy lift with a gift so humbling. Always left Abuela and the family fumbling. Grappling with prophecies they couldn't understand, do you understand?"

The room goes dark, so you try to find something to grab but then Camilo suddenly stands in front of you, "WHAT THE FU-" Mirabel puts her hand over your mouth.
"Seven-foot frame! Rats along his back," Camilo shapeshifts into Bruno. 'Wow, he must be tall.' You think. 'And I didn't know Camilo could sing? Why's it quite hot though-' your face heats up. "When he calls your name, it all fades to black!" He disappears, but scares you and Mirabel from behind. "Yeah, he sees your dreams, feasts on your screams!" The floor turns into a sink hole of sand, so Mirabel and you fall down.

Instead of the ground, Camilo catches you bridal style, while Mirabel falls face down onto the ground. You blush even more. He intertwines your hands with his before putting you down onto the ground. "We don't talk about Bruno, no, no, no. We don't talk about Bruno!" You follow Mirabel back to the town of Encanto.
"He told me my fish would die, the next day, DEAD! (No, no!)" Now, some people are talking about personal experiences with Bruno's gift, and how bad it is. Like, sorry your fish died, but it was inevitable.
"He told me I'd grow a gut, and just like he said!"
"He said that all my hair would disappear, now look at my head! (No, no!)" the crowd gathers around you and Mirabel. "Your fate is sealed when your prophecy is read!"

The light fades, you are back at the Casita of the Madrigals. Mirabel's oldest sister slowly descends from the sky, thanks to her powers. "He told my that the life of my dreams, would be promised and someday be mine." Mirabel scoffs at her and crosses her arms. You spot Camilo again, but when your eyes met you quickly avert your attention back onto Isabela. "He told me, that my powers would grow like the grapes that thrive on the vine."
You hear Abuela in the distance.
"Óye, Mariano's on his way!"
Then you and Mirabel hear Delores on the first floor, singing, "He told me that the man of my dreams would be just out of reach, betrothed to another. It's like I hear him now..."
Isabela approaches Mirabel and says, "Hey sis, I want not a sound out of you." Mirabel looked at her sister, angrily. Isabela walks off.

"Um, Bruno. Yeah about that Bruno. We really need to know about Bruno. Give us the truth, and the whole truth Bruno!" Mirabel sings then rushes off. You went and followed her.
"Isabela, your boyfriends here! Haha!" Camilo stand by the froot door of the Casita, transforming into Mariano. You and Mirabel head back to her room, you help her piece together Bruno's last vision. While doing so everyone starts singing their chorus at the same time, which honestly, sounds amazing.
"We don't talk about Bruno!"
"Why did I talk about Bruno?" Mirabel questions, both of you look at the vision with worry.
"Not a word about Bruno!"
"I never should've brought up Bruno!" The song ends. In the vision, you both see Mirabel in front of the Madrigal's Casita. Only to see cracks forming.