IV | 𝕰𝖓𝖏𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖇𝖑𝖊 𝕮𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖞

Royal Court Of England

"Princess, you look absolutely stunning" Lady Kamille spoke with a wide smile across her face as my ladies and I looked at my final look. The celebration of my birthday was being held shortly and I was just about finished getting dressed. We all turned to the door when a sharp knock was heard "Jade, will you?" I smiled sweetly, he's turning to the unopened door, curious to see as to who needs my attention at the moment. I glanced over myself in the mirror once more, seeing the all too familiar reflection of Francis standing behind me "Ladies, will you leave us?" I commanded more than asked as I turned to them. They all left my chambers leaving just Francis and myself "You look absolutely stunning, Josie" Francis whispered, his eyes gazing into mine "Thank you" and simply said, playing with the end of my gloves. We stayed in silence for a few moments before I questioned him about what exactly he was doing here "Josie, I am terribly sorry for how I acted earlier and I came to apologize. I was foolish and immature and a bit under the influence" He spoke honestly, taking steps closer to me "You were under the influence?" I asked with a hint of annoyance in my voice "What were you doing drinking so early on in the day?" "No, no, Josie, that's not what I meant" Francis spoke hurriedly "I meant I was under the influence of you" "Excuse me?" Is he trying to use some sort of pick up line? Because if so, that one was horrible
"I...I really like you, Jose, ok?" He spoke quickly beginning to pace around my room "What?" I asked astounded at his recent comment "You heard me" He spoke, stopping his pacing for a moment "Francis, you do realize that you and I do not have time for some stupid and childish teenage relationship, don't you? Our countries need us. Your country, Mary's country, you both need each other. It may not be the way we want it to be, but as you already know, it doesn't matter what we want" I sternly spoke, trying to convince myself more than Francis "Would you stop saying that!" Francis rose his voice, stepping towards me a bit. His rise of temper caused me to slightly jump back a bit in a startled manner. I have never witnessed Francis' anger before. This was all new and not something I want to see escalate any further "Saying what?" I shot back, overcoming my prior stare of being taken aback "That it doesn't matter what we want!" He spoke, quoting me "It's the true, it doesn't matter!" I hissed. If there is one thing I learned growing up at the British Court, it is that just because one has money and their own country does not mean they are destined for happiness. Some are lucky, though and receive both "Josette" His voice began to lightly lower "We may have royal blood flowing through our veins, but that does not mean we all of the sudden have no authority over what goes on in our lives" "Francis, I wish I could believe that" I mumbled, resting my hand onto the stool that was in front of me and looking down at the hem of my dress. I'd look anywhere to avid the gaze of Francis Valois at this very moment "Josie" Francis walked up to me, taking my hands in his "I will never force you to do anything, but please just promise me that you will remember that just because you have royal blood flowing through your veins, does not mean you can not love who you want to love" "Ans who said I wanted to love anyone," I questioned the boy before me as I took a step away from him, my hands dropping to my side "Don't play games, Josette" Francis sighed, shaking his head as his eyes still gazed into mine "You're the one that is playing games!" I rose my voice "Francis, if there is one thing I do not have, it is stupidity, and I will not allow you to accuse me of playing games" I enraged on "If one of us is playing games here it is you. Sooner or later, you will have no choice but to travel back to the French Court with your fiancé and eventually marry her and one day become the next king of France" "Your point?" Francis questioned me, leaning onto the small table from me "My point is, not only am i a respectable woman, but I am a princess, one day queen and empress. I have a reputation to keep up. If I get into a noticeable relationship with you, I could make more enemies than I already have and way more than I want" "Ok, ok, I understand that, Jose" Francis spoke, his hand stressfully rubbing the stubble on his chin. You could practically see the wheels turning in his head "What if I got my father to agree to letting you come back to the French Court with us to maybe work out some sort of alliance. Once my father realizes what England has to offer, he will have no choice but to dismantle the Scottish alliance and make one with England" Francis spoke logically "Ok, Francis, but do you realize how much of a king shot that is? Not only does your father have to agree with it and go into endless political issues, but my parents will have to agree to it all as well. And I'd hate to burst your very adamant bubble, Francis, but my parents have been on a keen lookout for a decent suitor for my myself and the English King Consort's throne. And who knows if they will think highly enough of you" I tested. Of course, if I had it my way, I would have agreed to this years ago, but it's just not how any of this works "Josie, I am willing to take that chance" Francis spoke, coming closer to me. I looked down a slight second contemplating this over. I may be able to get a nice vacation to the French Court out of this, and if all goes well, which is very unlikely, my vacation may be extended "Ok, then. First step, convince your father and my parents to let me go back to the French Court with you" I stood confidently as I saw the familiar dazzling smile creep onto Francis' face "And I know exactly when this will take place" I began to smirk as Francis proudly crossed his arms.
"Tonight. At my birthday celebration"