XVI | 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕮𝖍𝖊𝖊𝖐𝖞 𝕭𝖔𝖞

Royal Court Of France

Days like this bring me back to when I was a child at the French Court. Seeing Charles and Madeline and the rest of the young girls playing games as they ran throughout the courtyard made me smile as I pictured Francis, Mary, and I doing the same as children "Do you remember this game?" I smiled up at Francis who stood next to me with his hand draped around my waist. We were watching Charles and Madeline, along with some of the other girls play a game that Francis and I were quite familiar with "When you would be blind-folded and you would have to pick out Mary's voice, but I was always the girl who was supposed to distract you from her voice" I smirked, grabbing a good of his jacket "Well, you know, I only ever picked yours out" Francis' cheeky smile spread across his handsome face "Oh?" I smirked again "The point of the game is to pick out your love's voice out of many" I just smiled at the beautiful man before me. He turned his head, watching the children as I admired him "So, actually I was playing the game correctly all along. I remember my mother would get so angry because I would always pick your voice out over Mary's. Little did she know, I was actually right. Although, now, she would rather me pick you over Mary anyway" "It's weird how so much changes over time" I spoke, watching the children again "Indeed" "Josette, Francis" The familiar voice of Mary Stuart called. We turned to her as she approached us "Mary" I smiled, and so did Francis "Can I speak with the two of you?" "Of course" Francis answered "Is everything alright, Mary?" I quirked my eyebrow at my friend "Well, not exactly" She took a deep breath before continuing "I really hate bringing this all up again, but it's been bugging me, and I need to get it off of my chest" Francis and I exchanged looks before nodding at her to continue "The boy who attacked me, Colin, told my lady, Lola, that he was forced by someone highly placed in the castle" "You mean someone French?" Francis questioned "Yes. Whoever it was, they have enough powers to threaten him, and order him executed" "Those orders came from Henry and Catherine, Mary" I furrowed my eyebrows and Mary's look on her face was nothing but worry. She looked at Francis and spoke "When I spoke to them, even your father seemed suspicious" "And my mother?" I looked up at Francis who gritted his teeth "Are you accusing her of something?" Francis stepped closer to her becoming angered. I grabbed his arm and pulled him back "Francis" I hummed, trying to calm him down, and he took a deep breath "No" Mary continued "I don't know" She looked up at him "I just want to be sure that Colin is returned alive" "Mary, Francis' parents said that he will be returned alive. Don't worry" I spoke, caressing her arm "My parents keep their word" Francis hissed at my friend and I let out a light huff of nerves "They will make every effort" "Can you be sure of that?" "You have the word of the King and Queen of France" "I had their word that we would be married. I'm not sure words mean anything here" Mary spoke; making me boil with anger "Mary!" I rose my voice, taking a step closer to her. She put up a strong front, but obvious guilt was behind her eyes "Let's go, Josette" Francis took my hand before guiding me away from her "I can not believe she pulled that!" I yelled, fuming with anger "She said she was past this" I threw a hand over my forehead in distress "I'm sure she is. She is just overwhelmed right now, and trying to find every excuse in the book for it" Francis hummed, his hand caressing my cheek. I looked down, taking a hold of his shirt in my hands "I suppose" His arms pulled me into him. His chin rested on top of my head that leaned against his chest, feeling the warmth of him. I pulled away, a smile forming on my lips "I think I am going to go for a walk. I haven't been able to explore the French Court in years, so I'm going to take the chance while I can' shall I have my maids send for you later?" I cheekily smiled as I bit my lip "You can come to my chambers" "It depends. What will we do?" Francis smirked "Hm. I was thinking some of this" I slowly put my lips onto his, smiling into the kiss "I wouldn't mind more of that" "Well, I guess you will have to come to my chambers later to get more" I smirked, walking away from the Prince "What if I want more now?" He smiled, sharing his eyes from the sun that gleaner in over the castle "I guess you will have to catch me" I sang as I picked up my dress and began to run. I heard the grass ruffle behind me, knowing that it was Francis catching up to me. Before I could get away, I was swept off of my feet and thrown over Francis' shoulder "Hey! Put me down!" I laughed at the immaturity of this moment "Never!" Francis continued to run around with me still draped over his shoulder "Francis!" I protested, lightly hitting his back "What will I ever have to do to get you to put me down?" "Well, Your Highness, if you are asking, I would really like another kiss" He stopped running, waiting for me to answer "You're lucky I enjoy kissing you, you cheeky little boy" I laughed as he set me back on the ground "You know, if I let you kiss me now, I'm not going to let you come to my chamb-" Francis cut me off by attaching his plump lips to mine, once again. I carelessly kissed back, gripping his arms "Francis, I-I" I love you "I should really get to my walk" I wanted to say it, but I just couldn't. Why? I have no idea "I guess" He chuckled, a smirk appearing on his face "I'll see you in your chambers later" "I never said you could come to my chambers" I sassed "Stop pretending you don't want to spend time with me, Josette" Francis spoke in a sing-song voice. I rolled my eyes jokingly before turning around and beginning to walk away "Goodbye, Francis" "Goodbye, my beautiful Josie"