XXVIII | 𝕬 𝕽𝖔𝖞𝖆𝖑 𝕰𝖓𝖉𝖎𝖓𝖌

Royal Court Of England

Royalty. What does the word mean? If you want a technical answer, you could say something as simple as people of royal blood or status. Do you want to know what I think royalty means? Of course, I understand the word's technical meaning. For example, I am royalty, just as my wonderful husband is royalty: but I have come to learn that royalty isn't just having royal blood flow through one's veins. It can also be simply just being content and happy with everything in your life. In a perfect fairytale, the Princess gets everything she desires. She had a spectacular life that anyone would die for. But I have to say that having a husband as amazing as mine, as well as having our child on the way, I wouldn't have to be legitimate royalty to be happy. Ten years from now; I could be living in a shack-like home with my husband and child and still be absolutely content. Whether the title Queen be put before my name or not, I'd still feel like precious royalty if it means having my extraordinary husband at my side "My darling wife, consummation could not come any slower" My beloved husband whispered into my ear, sending chills down my spine "You're telling me" I turned, grazing my fingers over the light stubble on Francis' cheeks before leaving a kiss on his lips "God, I love you" I breathed, staring up at my husband. Francis pressed a kiss on my forehead before pulling away "I love you and I love our child" Francis discreetly rested his hand on my stomach, causing me to smile "I don't mean to interrupt" A familiar voice spoke, causing Francis' hand to quickly pull away from my stomach. I smiled up bright at the familiar face "Stephan! You made it!" I embraced the Prince of Holland tightly "Francis, this is Prince Stephan of Holland. He is the one who helped Mary find a husband. He has been a true friend to not only us but our nations" I walked over to Francis, grabbing his arm "Prince Stephan, I can't thank you enough. Josette told me why you've done. You are blessing, sir" Francis smiled to my friend, shaking his hand "Oh, please, don't flatter me. I'm
Just happy to help a friend. And I am truly so glad this all worked out for the two of you" Stephan smiled, sipping his glass of wine. I smiled exuberantly. He has no idea what good he has done for us "Well, we are happy that you could make it" I smiled, meeting his brown eyes "Also, Stephan, I have something that I would like to tell you. I'm telling you this because I trust you" I nodded pointedly "Of course, Josette" The Prince nodded surely "Stephan, I'm with child. But you can not tell anyone. No one else knows" I spoke, smiling up to Francis once before looking back to Stephan "Well, I sure feel important. I'm within the King and Queen of England's secret business" Stephan chuckled to himself, taking another sip of wine "I'm sure you do" I shook my head with a small laugh escaping my lips "Congratulations, Your  Majesties" Prince Stephen bowed his head to us both and Francis and I nodded at him justly "I must go mingle. Father has me on Prince duty every minute of every hour. No fun for Prince Stephan" I gave Stephan an apologetic look, but he just shook his head and smiled "It was very nice speaking to the both of you. Please, keep me updated on the young one" "Of course, Stephan. Thank you for coming" I smiled at the Prince and Francis nodded at him before Stephan was lost in the crowd of people "Josie, look who it is" Francis' hand sat on the small of my back as he gestured in the direction of a very familiar couple "Tomas, Mary!" My hand flew up to my chest when my good friend came into my eye sight. The pair turned to Francis and myself, sending us small waves as they walked "Oh; how good it is to see you two! I'm so glad you could make it" "Oh, Jo, you look absolutely stunning" Mary grabbed my hands after we embraced quickly "As do you" I shook my head in disbelief. I felt horrible because I was not able to make it to their wedding, but when duty calls, there is no neglecting it. I wasn't sure if Mary and Tomas would be able to make it, but I am so grateful that they did. I need to tell Mary about my news "Josette, Francis, there is something we would like to tell the both of you" Mary smiled as she clutched Tomas' hands with eyes of pure love gazing up at her husband. Tomas lowered his lips to her forehead to leave a tender kiss. Francis and I made quick eye contact before gesturing for them to go on. Mary smiled Brighton's one more, as did Tomas before she spoke "I'm pregnant" I stood in shock with a large smile across my lips at her words "Mary" I walked closer to her, grabbing her hands "I was going to wait to tell you think, but..." I took a breath and looked down before my gaze met Mary's again "I'm also with child" You would think that two respectable Queens would never squeal and jump in excitement around the public eye, but we did not care in the moment. We both entranced each other as we chatted over how, if one of us were to have a boy and and one a girl, we could arrange for them to be possible suitors for the other. Or at least be friends. Francis and Tomas just congratulated each other on the side, every now and then chuckling at how giddy Mary and I would get about our futures. There is one thing I can honestly say. As a Queen there is one thing that can never be denied. And that is the fact that I, Queen Josette Tudor of England, have royal blood that courses through my veins. As does my wonderful husband, Francis Valois, The Prince of France and now my King Consort of England. Also, my amazing friend since we were mere tiles, Mary Stuart, the Queen of Scotland. Not to mention, one of my newest allies who I can honestly call a dear friend, Prince Stephan of Holland. And I could never forget the royal blood that will flow through the veins of my destined children: in the life of a royal, there is not much trust. Nor is anything ever definite. On morning, I could wake up to peace in England, and the next I have to send out my troops and declare battle in the enemy. Everything is quite ephemeral in a royal's life: Happiness, Generosity, Truth. All are things, more like ideas, that never last. But there will always be one thing that's I'll be invite. And that is the royal blood that courses through my, as well as my confidant's,  veins. And in the life of a royal, that is all once can ask for.

THE END

🎉 You've finished reading 𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕻𝖗𝖎𝖓𝖈𝖊𝖘𝖘 𝕺𝖋 𝕰𝖓𝖌𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖉 | 𝕱𝖗𝖆𝖓𝖈𝖎𝖘 𝖁𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖎𝖘 🎉