XIV | 𝕸𝖔𝖙𝖍𝖊𝖗 𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖗𝖊𝖘𝖙

Royal Court Of England

"I only have a day to speak to the two of you about this before I have to begin my journey back to France because King Henry needs my appearance back at the French Court by the time Francis and Mary arrive back there with Madeline, so please listen" "What is it, dear? Is everything alright?" My mother furrowed her brows as she, my father, and myself sat around the lounge room. Just a few hours ago, I arrived back in my home country. It feels nice to be home, but it just doesn't have the same comfortable feeling that it used to "Not at all, actually" I spoke sharply "Mother, father, in recent events, I found out that you have been setting up English plots against my dear friend, Mary Stuart" "Jos-"A look that I can honestly say I have never seen cross my mother's face appeared in the place of her recent enthusiastic smile. Regret "I do not want to hear it, mother. Whatever superficial, devious plans you have for her, put them to a rest" I stood up from my seat out of pure anger "You know damned god and well that England would have my side over yours in an instant" "I know that. And I am so gracious for that. I really am. But I've only done this for you, Josette" My mother spoke "For me?" I rose my voice. My mother jumped back up in surprise, not used to seeing her quiet little Josie voicing her opinions aggressively "That is the most ridiculous thing I think I have ever heard" I let out a throaty laugh "I only wanted to make your reign easier for you, darling" Darling "What do you even mean?"  "Mary, as you know, is you cousin, meaning she is blood. Also meaning she has a legitimate right to your throne. I was only trying to eliminate a petty obstacle that may stand in the way of the crown that is truthfully and rightfully yours" "If it is such a pretty obstacle then why did you feel the need to attempt to eliminate it?" I interrogated my mother "Josette, I just need you to believe that I know what I am doing" "No, mother. I will not. Put an end to your foolish games. I will be the next Queen of England, and you do not have to worry about that one bit. Plus, Mary has no interest in my crown. And she knows that if she did, she would be making a drastic mistake" I assured my mother, my breathing calming down slightly from my outburst moment ago. My father still sat silently starting at the ground, probably realizing that he hurt us most precious jewel, me. My mother looked at me. If anyone else who didn't know her saw her face right now, they would probably think it was a look of guilt, but I know that under that face, all she was probably still worrying about was the Tudor name coming to an end. One trait I truly hope I never inherit from my mother. Her fraudulent persona. Without saying goodbye, I stood up and immediately escorted myself out of the English Court "Prepare a carriage for me immediately" I called to the guards "I must get back on my way to France"
_____
Back at the French Court

"Your Highness, we will be pulling up to the French Court shortly" I jumped awake from my journey's rest at the voice of the carriage driver. I readjusted my hair and tiara, just hoping and praying that I look halfway decent. I stepped out of the carriage and walked up to the steps of the castle. I walked in, heading straight to the throne room, hoping the King and Queen would be there "Her Royal Highness, Princess Josette, has returned from her journey to the English Court" A guard called as I walked through the double doors, immediately meeting the bodies of Catherine, Henry, Mary, and Francis as other people also floated throughout the room. Also, Charles and Madeline sat playing with blocks in the corner of the room "Hoe lovely. What perfect timing!" Catherine smiled exuberantly "Francis, Mary, and Charles just arrived with Madeline moments ago" "How did it go?" Francis turned to me with a smile and asked as he walked over to me. His hand interlocked with mine "Well, to be truly honest, I have no idea. It may have done nothing, but it also may have done something. I don't know" I shook my head in confusion "You never know with Mary Tudor. She's a fraud to everyone. I cussed at her, something I rarely do, and she was nearly to tears, but knowing her, it was just an act. But I can hope that maybe, just maybe, I actually hit a nerve and there were a bit of real feelings in there somewhere" "Time will only tell, dear" Francis kissed my temple as I let out a loud huff "I suppose" "There is one more thing we need to tell you, though" Francis spoke "And I am not sure how you will take it due to recent events" "Francis, please I am tired and do not feel like making  anymore assumptions, so please just tell me" I spoke tirelessly "When we arrived to the docks, we realized that there were English warships there" I squinted my eyes. What could they possibly want? "But Bash assured us that they came in peace. What happen was the French ship was distressed and took on water, and the English were nearby and rescued the people aboard" "How did Bash know this was all true?" I know these are my own people, but I seem to be not exactly on the same page as them right now "They sent an emissary to the castle. He's currently being held, and if they are lying we will have his head" "We thought that we should invite them to Madeline and Charles' ball. Just to show some French hospitality. But only if you permit" Catherine spoke. I thought thoroughly in my head. If they were coming here to harm anyone, they surely would not do it while I was around. I am seen as worth way too much to be out at rust like that "I suppose showing them some French hospitality would go over nicely" I smiled, clasping my hands together "Perfect! We shall invite them all to the Palace this evening then. Everyone be on your best behavior around the English. We must put our best foot forward" Catherine spoke before exiting the room, probably to go make sure the party set up was going according to plan. The room chorused many "Yes, Your Majesties" Before everyone soon filed out to go get ready for the ball. This is going to be quite interesting.