23 - Searching

𝕂𝕠𝕦'𝕤 ℙ𝕠𝕧

We end up coming to the school to search for traces of Mitsuba... "Do you have any idea, Kou-kun?" senpai asked me.

 "Um... apparently... the current no. 3 isn't really Mitsuba.....Tsukasa....he took Mitsuba's core and...and then made the current Mitsuba...It's not like they're completely different though... I get confused sometimes...about... who he is or if the real Mitsuba is actually dead..." I said. 

"So that means-"

"Ah sorry! We have to find something connected deeply to him right? We should ask around." I said cutting senpai off.

.

.

.

"You're asking about him again? I don't really know anything about him... but you can ask the teacher we had in second year!" Yokoo said.

"Okay thank you Yokoo!" I said.

"Let's hang out next time" he said.

.

.

.

"Mitsuba-kun? I'm sorry...I can't give out his information... for security reasons..." he said.

"Oh it's fine-"

"But you can ask other students that were in the same club as him!" he said.

"Ah! thank you"

So we went to the photography club and on the way there I saw the birds that Mitsuba took pictures of... they've all grown up.....

"Mitsuba-senpai?"

"Who's that?"

"Ah...from last winter"

"Hey I didn't know that much about him...but I do know where his grave is..."

"Hang on I'll draw a map for you guys"

So then we went to his grave...

"There's a lot of them...." I said.

"Seems like they only came here once...it can't be helped though..." senpai said.

Then we noticed someone...she was carrying so much stuff... then she tripped... 

"Are you okay!?" senpai yelled.

"H-huh? Are you students from Kamome Academy?...Could it be you came to visit Sousuke?" the woman asked.

.

.

.

Then we found out that she was Mitsuba's mother.

She lead us to her house.

"You really saved me! Sorry about it!" she said.

"Sorry for troubling you..." senpai said.

"It's fine! It's the first time that his friends came over! Eat up! Also can you guys tell me about your school? Sousuke never told me about Kamome Academy... Nene-chan could you be? Sousuke's girlfriend?" she asked placing a tray of snacks on the table.

"Oh no! Mitsuba-kun was a cute underclassman!...Even though he had a cheeky side of him...calling me Radish-senpai...." senpai said.

"Oh no! Sousuke called you that!? I'm so sorry! But he did that to me too... he calls me 'Carrot hag monster' and stuff like that" she said.

"But...Kou-kun's the one who gets along with him the best!" senpai said.

"Eh?...well I guess so... I just...go with him to take photos and stuff..." I said.

"Photos! He's just amazing isn't he?" she said as she showed us a lot of photos that I guess he took.

"It was originally his father's hobby...I didn't know anything about it so I just left the camera some where random...and before I knew it he mastered it and got prizes for photography" she said with a smile "He had particular taste...also in fashion too...and one day when I was leaving for work he stopped me...asking if I can come home earlier and he even said he was going to cook for me...but that was the last time I ever get to see him...when I got home the house was warm...it smelled like curry...but the only thing that was missing was Sousuke... He left a note on the table saying 'I'll be right back' he must have forgotten to buy potatoes.....A-ah I'm sorry for talking about this" she said noticing senpai almost crying.

"It's fine..." senpai said.

"I...made a promise with him...'Let's take these photos and get them developed tomorrow...' but we couldn't do it at the end...he's gone isn't he?" I said.

"Yes...that's right..." she said "Do you want to see Sousuke's room? Most of his photos are in there..." .

.

.

.

"Mitsuba-kun's mother is kind isn't she?" 

"Yeah...Should we take a look at the photos?"

"Mhm..."

We looked though most of them but he didn't really take any pictures with humans in them.

.

.

.

"Thank you for lending us photos!"

"No problem! Take your time looking though them!"

Then we walked away.

"Weird...this photo was blank a few moments ago....but now there's a house in that photo...could it be that this has the deepest connection?"

"dunno.... let's wait for them to contact us"

"Ok"

"He's an idiot isn't he? Dying because of buying potatoes...it's not like you need potatoes in curry anyways..."

"Hey! Ko- Kou-kun...your phone..."

Ring Ring

"Ah...It's probably Teru-nii..."

"Do you think they found out something?"

'Good work finding something out! And sorry I couldn't contact you right away!'

"It's fine"

'About that picture... It's a private house in town...commonly known as thee red house...'

"It's a cursed house isn't it?"

'Don't go in it... You will die if you do...I'll contact you later!'

"O-ok Teru-nii"

Teru-nii ended the call...then we noticed that we've been walking aimlessly... we arrived at the red house

"Kou-kun...Let's"

"Not go in no matter what!"

"Yeah!"

But then we heard a kid(?) crying and we busted in...

.

.

.

We went to a door...and heard a kid's voice senpai was trying to hear what they were saying... but then they asked

'Onee-chan are you missing something?'

"I-I'm not missing anything-" senpai said.

'Even your eyes? Do you have hands too?'

"Um...yes I do but-"

'Then we can play together'