Ethan White

My Snow White paws fell gently onto the snow as I trotted through the woods at the back of the pack house my mind on anything but the rest of the pack. I always enjoyed solitude as a omega male wolf it was hard getting along with most of the other wolfs in the pack, most being dominant or higher ranking than that.

I noticed the lake frozen over and some of the older pups had taken their ice skates out and were scaring around as a couple female adult wolfs sat at the benches by the lake watching them, making sure no one would get hurt.

I heard the birds chirp in delight at the calm weather, the weather was uncommonly good for being in the north parts of the USA and in winter, sure the cold chilled through my fur and the cold snow cooled my paws as I trotted around.

I was so lost in my own thoughts I didn't hear anything but the calm nature of the birds and other small animals around me as well as the kids playin on the lake that was now out of my eye reach. I didn't hear anyone coming behind me, I didn't hear my name being called over and over again by my mother, I didn't notice her until she gently pulled at my tail, it was her way of getting my attention and by now I was used to it.

I quickly turned around to see my mother standing there, she was quite a tall woman with hair almost as white as the snow, eyes almost as blue as a summers sky and skin so pale she was almost an albino. That were the traits I had inherited from her, except the height, I got that from neither parent.

"Ethan, go behind a tree and change, I brought you clothes, dinner is almost ready, I thought I told you that you had to be home before dinner" she said exhausted after looking for me, this is something I often did, disappeared into the woods on our lands. It would worry mom after my dad was brutally murdered by the alpha wolf of the hallow pack, my dad was the beta to our current alpha, I had been the next in line to become beta when mom got pregnant with me, but everyone's disappointment came when I was born.

Only standing at just under 5"10 at the age of 19 and being a male omega at that, I wouldn't even be able to protect Jack our future alpha from a fox. My wolf nodded to mom and I trotted behind a big tree and changed back into my human form, my human form was just as unimpressive as my wolf form, I was almost a copy paste of my mother since her and I were the only arctic wolfs left that were known in the world.

Both our wolfs were Snow White with beautiful blue eyes although mom's wolf was big and strong, while mine was small and weak, my human form was quite skinny and so that transformed into my wolf making me look even weaker than I was.

After changing my clothes I left the backside of the tree and smiled a small smile at mom "sorry" I whispered but she just rolled her eyes dragging me away from the forest and into our little cottage. After dad had died mom didn't want me surrounded by the rest of the pack that much, afraid that if an attack would happen she'd loose me too, I was the only one left that she really had.

Before her and dad had found each other she had been a rouge wolf, wandering around accidentally going onto a territorial land, dad had been the first to pin her wolf down but as soon as they got a good sniff at each other dad had stood up and let mom free again.

I thought about dad as I followed mom into the cottage, she was the packs doctor so she was often not at home but when she was she wanted me at the dinner table by 6pm for a family dinner. Being a only child with only a mom wasn't exactly a big family dinner, the hunter wolfs of the pack would give us enough meat to not starve for a week or so and the rest would get fed into the other pack members.

After I had eaten dinner I went into my bedroom to continue reading my book, mom had managed to scrape together enough money to get me a new book, don't get me wrong, we were a part of one of the biggest, strongest and richest pack but mom didn't like asking for help and would much rather save a few dollars a month than ask for financial help. 

My room wasn't too big, I had my bed a little to the right of the middle, a dresser and a tiny closet on the left wall, a big window sill on the right wall of my room underneath a good sized window where I could easily sit and read my books. I didn't have a private bathroom or anything fancy, no tv in there or anything but it was all I really needed, if I wanted to watch tv there was one in the living room downstairs.

I looked up from my book and out my window as the sky had become darker than it had been before and the snow was starting to fall, it was the perfect weather for me to camouflage right with the nature. When it was possible for me to camouflage with the nature and not be seen by other wolfs of the pack was my favorite time to be out in wolf form trotting around or just sitting and watching the nature. To me the nature never got old, it only got prettier and prettier as the years passed.

I felt myself put my book down out of instincts when I heard mom walking up the stairs, I opened the door to see her just about to knock, "let me guess you heard me?" She asked and I felt a small blush creep on my face as I nodded at her. I had gotten my dads amazing hearing and quick movements so hearing mom walk up the stairs was not a problem for me at all. I smiled stepping away to let her into the room and she instantly sat down onto my bed motioning me to sit down on my window sill opposite of her.

I sat down sensing her tense feelings and seeing her shoulder as tense as I had seen them, "alpha William just contacted me" she said and I felt my heart drop, was another battle going to happen, in the last one I lost my dad, who would we loose now. "The hallow pack has been creeping around our borders, I need you to be more careful when you go out, please Ethan, for me" mom said and I saw the tears start to form in her eyes.

Mom always tried being strong for me but when it came to the hallows pack she would break down. I nodded and stood up hugging mom tightly to me, "I promise mom, I'll be more careful outside from now on" I told her gently kissing the top of her head.

A/N = I will post every Friday, yes I'm posting on a Thursday now but I'm posting 2 times this week