Chapter 2

"You can't remember or you just don't want to tell us?" Elex demanded. "Cause right now your just wasting our time." Aithne glared at him.

"I actually can't remember dumbass!" Panic started growing in her stomach and she felt like she was about to vomit.

"Hm. Is it just that you can't remember how you got stabbed? Or can you not remember anything about your life?" Dr Sorin asked, scribbling something down in his clipboard.

"I don't remember anything. My life, my family, where I live, nothing!" A wave of sickness washed over her, and she felt her legs buckle underneath her. The bed behind her squeaked as she sat down.

"Sadd. Anyway, when's lunch?" Elex asked, placing a hand on his stomach. "I'm starving." Aithne glared at him, wishing she had punched him harder. Dr Sorin ignored him.

"It's possible that you may have had a reaction to the anaesthetic that we gave you..." Dr Sorin said, studying his notes. "Or maybe you reacted badly to Elex's healing."

"Yeah right. That's never happened to anyone else." Elex said rolling his eyes. "My healings flawless."

"Your healing? What does that mean? Why would I react bad to that?" Aithne asked. The sickness that had washed over her moments before had subsided a bit, and she wasn't feeling that sick. Dr Weylin, the old man that had remained quite through the whole encounter, finally spoke up.

"Elex is a healer. His the only reason your still alive right now. You would have bled out if it wasn't for him." Dr Weylin spoke in a raspy old voice, and the way he talked sent a shiver up her spine. But the words that he had said affected her more. A tinge of nostalgia crept into her mind. She couldn't place it, but it felt like she had heard of healing before.

"Mhm. I saved your life. You punched me. Your gratitude is very obvious." Elex sulked.

"What's a healer?" Aithne asked.

"A healer heals people. Duh." Elex rolled his eyes.

"A healer is someone who uses magic to heal people. Only certain people can do this, but we have a few healers in this compound." Dr Sorin explained. "Unfortunately Elex hasn't finished healing you yet, explaining your shoulder. There was a bit of a... disruption."

"You punched me." Elex chimed in. "Your lucky Sor had already stitched you up, or else you would be bleeding everywhere." Aithne glanced down at her shoulder. The stitches were messy, as if someone did it quickly. Her shoulder was still killing her, but the pain had been forgotten in her panic.

"Speaking of that, Elex, would you mind finishing the job?" Dr Sorin asked him.

"As long as she doesn't punch me again." Elex said, but moved next to her. He reached down and put his hands on her shoulder. Pain shot through her shoulder at his touch.

"Hey what the fuck! What are you doing??" Aithne yelled at him. "Let go!"

"Oh shut up and sit still. I'm helping you! Or would you want me to let you suffer in pain? Actually not a bad idea..." Elex said. Aithne didn't have time to retaliate before Elex's hands started glowing. Aithne's eyes widened. What the actual fuck. She remembered being told about magic, about how some people had been gifted magic in forms of powers, but she couldn't remember who had told her about it. She also couldn't remember ever seeing any magic before. So seeing it being used, well, that was new to her.

She watched as Elex placed his glowing hands gently on her shoulder, watched as a a light expanded over her shoulder, watched as her wounds healed before her very eyes. Her stitches seemed to disappear into thin air, her bruises replaced with tan skin, her cut slowing becoming smaller and smaller until it was non existent. When her shoulder didn't hurt anymore and there was no sign that she had ever been stabbed, Elex took his hands way, and crossed his arms in a bored manner.

"When's lunch?" He asked casually, as if he had not just fixed her wound with magic.

"How that fuck did you do that???" Aithne asked with wide eyes. Elex frowned.

"A thank you would be nice."