Chapter 3

Aithne stared at Elex in disbelief. She opened her mouth to say something, then shut her mouth again, speechless. Elex looked at Aithne smugly.

"I'm amazing, aren't I?" He said, smirking. Aithne didn't say anything, still really confused.

"How are you feeling?" Dr Sorin asked her.

"Uhm good." She managed to say, still staring at Elex. She didn't just feel good- she felt amazing. She had no pain, at all, throughout her whole body.

"That's good. It looks like your functioning, but I would like to keep you in this room for another night. It was a pretty deep wound, and the fact that you can't remember anything-" Dr Sorin trailed off.

"No. I wanna leave. I feel fine. I'll probably remember everything tomorrow." She said, shaking her head. Something about this place gave her the creeps.

"I don't think that's a good idea, your still recovering-" Dr Sorin started but Dr Waylin cut him off.

"If you don't want to stay in this hospital room, we can arrange for you to stay in another... more homely room." Aithne frown. She wanted to get out off here, she wanted to know why she couldn't remember anything. But getting out of this room was better than nothing.

"Ah, ok." She said, her mind spilling with thoughts and questions.

"But at this moment we don't have any rooms available-" Dr Sorin started, frowning at Dr Weylin.

"I'm aware of that, she can stay in Elex's room for a bit. They-" Dr Weylin said.

"WHAT? I'm not sharing my room with her!" Elex spluttered, and Aithne couldn't help but smile.

"Whatsup roommate?" Aithne said grinning. Elex turned to her, sulking.

"I don't even know her name! How do I know she's not going to kill me in my sleep? I'm not sharing my room with a murderer!" Elex argued.

"Aithne Azar at you service." Aithne said, smirking at him. "Don't worry, I probably won't murder you in your sleep." Elex's eyes widen, and he turned to Dr Weylin. He opened his mouth to complain, but Dr Weylin got in first.

"Elex, it's only for a few days. Once she remembers where she lives, she'll leave. Ok?" Elex sighed in defeat. Aithne stood up, flexing her shoulder. It was as good as new. "I also expect you to answer any of her questions, Elex." Dr Weylin continues. Elex agreed sulkily. "Perfect. Enjoy your stay here Aithne." With that, Dr Weylin turned on his heal with a nod of goodbye, then limped over to the keypad on one of the wall. He punched in a code, and the wall slid to the side, revealing a corridor. As he continued down it, Aithne turned back to Dr Sorin and Elex.

"Aithne, if you need any help, just ask Elex to take you to me. Understand?" Aithne nodded, and Elex rolled his eyes. "I have to go tend to another patient, but Elex, behave." Elex saluted, and this time Dr Sorin rolled his eyes, before following Dr Weylin down the corridor.

"I can't believe they made me a babysitter." Elex groaned in annoyance. He turned around to the exit and started walking down it, not even waiting for Aithne to follow him. But she quickly followed him, setting her strides the same as his.

"I have alot of questions." Aithne stated and Elex groaned.

"Alright. Keep them to yourself." He said.

"Dr Weylin said that you would answer any of my questions." Aithne said smugly.

"Dr Weylin also said that I wasn't allowed to set smoke bombs off in Everett's room." Elex replied.