the fleamarket

Kiss you... did he just say he kissed you when you weren't even all there? I didn't dream that, right? He kissed you...

A new memory materialises, and I realise what date it is.

December 19th, 2019

We were walking through Dongmyo fleamarket, looking for trinkets we didn't need because we both loved collecting useless items. Jimin was wearing a cute bakers-boy hat only he could pull off, and I was beside him, dressed like some drugdealer in an all-black outfit.

A woman with a kid in her arms walked past us, and Jimin reached out to boop the kid's nose with that adorable eye-smile of his.

The mother smiled back, charmed by him, as most people usually were.

"Wanna go?" I asked, but Jimin walked on with his fingers tangled behind his back and smiled mischievously when he glanced back at me.

"We should totally move to America and adopt a kid," he said, tucking a strand of his yellow-blonde hair behind his ear.

I laughed, but he was clearly serious.

"What?" He asked, looking up at me with those big brown eyes. "You don't think I'd make a great dad?"

I wheezed again. "Let's talk about that later."

"No, we will not talk about this later, Jungkook," he said sternly, folding his arms as he tried to find my eyes. "I want to talk about it now. I want to do this!"

I pursed my lips. "What are you even talking about? We don't have the money for that and we don't speak English."

Jimin squinted at me and cocked his head sideways. "Fuck you, bitch," he said in English, but he pronounced bitch like beach, and it caused me to burst out laughing.

"Do you honestly think you could even take care of a child?"

He moved away from me as if my comment had struck him with physical force. "What's that supposed to mean?"

I recognized that tone. I realised I screwed up and groaned at Jimin, myself, and the entire situation. "Look let's just... talk about this later."

"What are you saying Jungkook?" Jimin snapped. "I can never understand what the fuck you're saying!"

"I said we'll talk about this later!" I whisper-shouted as I felt people's eyes burn into my back. He never called me hyung in public like we agreed, and I never cared much if a few people heard that. But an entire fleamarket? That was not within my comfort zone.

"You can't just fucking say something like that and then say we'll talk about it later Jungkook!"

"Adress me properly!" I yelled, surprised to hear my own outburst when my voice boomed through the market like thunder.

Jimin was stunned for a few seconds, and he looked around with a red face when he began to receive nasty glares from a few elders around us.

"I - would make a great fucking father," he said through gritted teeth, and I gulped when I saw tears begin to well up in his eyes. "I'd do anything I could to encourage our child and I wouldn't be afraid to show them affection. I would never leave them, not for anything..."