CHAPTER 35

Khiona just realized something bad, that she had made her rich lover look bad in front of other rich people. 

in rich people's world, pabonggahan at pagandahan ng kung anong meron ka. regardless of what it is, it can be a nice big mansion, a perfect child, 5 million worth of diamond earrings, a CEO or lawyer of a husband.

it does not matter, you have to show off everything that costs lots of money. 

ayan ang lagi niyang nakakalimutan, when it comes to rich people's world, pabonggahan at pagalingan lagi, no wonder why James still buys her stuff kahit hindi na siya mahal non at niloloko na.

because he doesn't want other people to think that he's a bad husband. 

she could've just dated a middle class guy, para wala nang problema.

Khiona opened the door of Alyxcs' condo, seeing if anyone's home.

as usual, the home is quiet and Alyxcs must be either sleeping or in his office. Khiona removed her high heels as she walks through the marble flooring, heading towards the kitchen to drink some water first before looking for Alyxcs.

napatingin ang dalaga sa magandang view ng city, mas kumikinang ang mga bitwin dito, the stars looks more lively and the half moon is just pretty. as she looks at the city lights, she realized that she's growing old.

the sky felt like it's at least 15 years older than her, that the sky is the one whose looking after her, since she felt so much connection towards it. and because of the blooming sky tonight, she suddenly felt older than she is. 

time is flying fast enough for her, paano pa kaya si Alyxcs na apat na taon ang tanda sakanya?

naglakad na ang dalaga patungong opisina ng binata, dahil alam niyang nandon lagi ang lalake. she knocked on the door and twisted the door knob open, sumilip ang dalaga sa loob ng kwarto, just to see her lover stressed out on his desk. 

''Alyxcs.'' she called softly, napatayo naman ang lalake sa kanyang kinauupuan at naglakad patugno. ''Khiona.'' he called back.

pumasok na ng tuluyan ang dalaga sa opisina, and Alyxcs went towards the woman and wrapped his arms around her body, hugging her. 

''Hey, where have you been?'' he asked, worried and yet tired from work, Khiona looked at the man, she's doing this to him. he's stressed and tired from work, and yet pinapalala pa niya ang sitwasyon ng lalake.

''i'm sorry i shouted at you, hindi ko sinasadya nadala lang talaga ako.'' he said, Khiona caressed his cheek, at naramdaman niya ang pagtubo ng magiging balbas ng binata. Khiona sighed and kissed his lips.

''you're getting stressed out, do you wanna take a bath?'' tanong ng dalaga, patting down Alyxcs' crumbled white blouse. 

''wait, before that...'' Alyxcs said. ''sit down and i'll get something.'' he said and briskly walked away from the woman, nagpunta ito sa kusina, and Khiona just did what he said. sit down on the couch and wait for him to come back.

out of confusion, hindi alam ni Khiona ang gagawin, he looked at the papers laying on his desk, and she guess he's handling a pretty serious case.

ilang segundo makalipas ay biglang dumating si Alyxcs, sumilip muna ito at ngumiti. ''close your eyes.'' he said, hindi nalang umimik ang dalaga at pinikit na lamang ang kanyang dalawang mata, waiting for him.

naglakad na patungo ang binata sakanya at naupo sa tabi niya. ''okay, now open it.'' he said.

Khiona then slowly opened her eyes, just to see a strawberry cake in front of her with a lit candle, while the frosting says 'Happy 27th birthday, amor'