Chapter 12 - Second Day

"Kamijou-chan are you okay? You don't look so good over there," a small childlike voice let out in worry towards the high school student.

"W-What? What do you mean, sensei? I'm fine, I look fine. What is there to worry about?"

"Well for starters, you don't seem to be sleeping properly. And don't lie to your sensei Kamijou-chan, I can see those eyebags very clearly."

"....Oh? I-I see," Kamijou rubbed his eyes. Komoe was right, he hadn't been sleeping properly today.

Because last night he beat up 3 delinquents from killing this dude, and took out 2 of their buddies from taking advantage of a lone girl, while letting the boy throw some good hits in.

But he definitely couldn't say that. At best she'll be confused and state that "sleeping less than 6 hours is bad for you Kamijou-chan" and all that shit, at worst he'll implicate himself when the cops show up, ask some questions around and put his ass in jail.

Was it paranoia? Yes. Slightly unfounded? Most likely.

But Kamijou didn't care.

"Sorry, I busted my brains out with cramming homework for the night. It took me a couple of hours to complete- ...no actually it still is incomplete as of the moment." Kamijou lied.

"Kamijou-chan, I know that the piles of homework and assignments are perhaps too much for a young man, so if it's too much to handle you can turn to me and let me teach you. We've been over this Kamijou-chan, but you never listen," the diminutive pink-haired teacher, Komoe Tsukuyomi, pouted.

"Hehe, sorry, but I didn't wanna be a bother to you Miss Komoe-"

"Nonsense, you are my beloved student. Even when you are involved in so many troubling situations I won't abandon even one of my precious students! So Kamijou-chan please don't say such self-defeating words or you'll make Sensei cry!" Komoe said to Kamijou.

Luckily inside the room only him and the childlike teacher were occupying it; if a certain bluehaired boy was around to see this he'd suffet from a fatal heart attack and beat Kamijou up with his bare fists.

"Y-Yeah I understand Komoe-sensei please don't cry. I swear to you I'm doing good in my studies, nothing for you to worry about."

"*Sniff!*... Is that so?"

"Yeah that's it! It's my fault that things like this had happened, it's all this idiot Kamijou's fault that he ended up sleep-derived! Hehehehe!" Kamijou tried to relieve Komoe's worries.

"O-Okay, then... you're lucky you're so cute Kamijou-chan..." Komoe muttered the last part of the sentence to herself.

"Hmmm, what was that?"

"I said if you continue to stall in the schoolwork currently on your desk you'll lose precious time. It's already 4pm."

"Already!? Oh shit, it really is! Just my rotten luck!" As he exclaimed from the bottom of his heart he couldn't hear Komoe giggling to herself.

-

"Ahhhhhh..." Kamijou sighed aloud as he drank the black coffee in his can. "Not as good as my usual can, but it'll do."

Emptying the contents of the can he looked for a place to throw the can in, until he saw a trash bin just a few meters away from him.

Getting up he went over the trash bin and was about to throw the can in-

"Seriously, this is how much you have on your pocket!?"

"I-I have to buy s-some food for my d-d-dorm room, otherwise I'd starve-"