Chapter 7 - 3 Days Later

UPDATE: Minor changes and edits to smoothen the story and improve pacing.

3 days later...

July 14th, 19:30

...in the alley....to your far right....two people....a bunch of bad people....

'Not again.' Touma thought to himself as he ran across the street and into the alley. Being constantly chased around the city by delinquents has made Touma very knowledgeable about which alley was safe, and which was not. For an unlucky guy like Touma, knowing the safest route back home through the alleyways, makes the difference between life, or death.

As he arrived he saw 6 guys surrounding a boy and a girl, both looking of college age. The boy was taller than most of the thugs there, and was protecting the girl behind him.

"Look man, we just want to leave. We don't want any trouble."

"Trouble? Oh no, no no no, no trouble at all. But if you give me you and your lady's wallets, maybe we can let you go in one piece."

"Is that a threat? Because I'm not intimidated by pathetic scum like you."

"Hehehehe... you're gonna regret saying that, motherfu-" He was interrupted by Touma, who tackled him away from the duo. The duo, and the gand were shocked by this turn of events, though the duo were relieved.

"Why you little- what are you all waiting for, get that sonuvabitch!!!" The leader exclaims to his goons. They all ganged up on Touma, who is all alone at their mercy.

The first goon threw a wild haymaker at Touma, who only ducked his head down, the haymaker connecting to another goon who was sneaking behind Touma. Touma then uppercuts the goon, knocking him out in one punch. He then looks behind him, to see a larger goon charge towards him. The goon tackles him, and tries to pin him to the ground. However, unfortunately for him, the boy was stronger for his size. The boy puts his arm around the goon's head, locking it it place, and slams the goon's face on the concrete behind. 'Too close,' Touma thought.

He looked to see the last two goons, who were stood in panic. Touma walks towards them, as if to dare them, only for the two to run away from the boy.

After taking the unconscious thugs to somewhere safe he turned around to look at the duo, who looked at him with awe and fear. "Are you guys ok? You're not hurt badly, aren't you?" He asked them.

"N-no, we're ok. Thanks to you. If you hadn't stepped in, their leader would've fed me my teeth. W-what about you? You're... I don't even know what to say," the older boy said. "How the hell did you do all those?"

"Uh, lots and lots of club practice," Touma lied as he laughed. Even after doing this multiple times he still amazes himself. "I'm Touma, by the way."

"Kaito, this is my cousin Mirai," He gestured to the younger girl behind him. Mirai waved awkwardly at Touma.

"Ok, we should get out here before-" he couldn't finish his sentence, when he pulled the two out of the wall they were leaning on, as spikes shot out of it. Touma turned his head to his left, as he saw one of the goons place his hand on the wall. It didn't take a second for Touma to guess what happened.

"Man, that Level Upper shit really worked, now no one can stand in my way! I'll fucking kill anyone who tries to mess with me! Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!"

"Look, man, you don't wanna do this. Don't do anything you'll regret later."

The esper responded by sending more spikes towards the trio. Touma grabs the 2 students, as he leaps up the building. He then throws them up the building as hard as he could, seeing them pop their heads out of the ledge made him happy for a few seconds before he dodged a wave of spikes.